Chapter 5

Curtis' POV

I was still worried about Erik what he told me must still be bothering him. I tried to ignore it,but I couldn't get my mind of of it. Lizzy got up from under my arm.

"Dad if you don't mind I'm gonna head to bed I do have school in the morning." she said snapping me from my worries.

"That's fine I understand." I said.

She left the room telling me goodnight. I sat on the couch alone. I heard a howl come from the woods.

"Huh the wolfs are more active than usual." I muttered.

I couldn't stop thinking about what thoughts might be going through Erik's head after he told me what happened. I made up my mind to go check on him. I got up and headed up the stairs. I knocked on the door. No response. I knocked again. Still nothing. I opened the door and headed to his bed. It was empty. He left?! I noticed that his window was open. He must have snuck out. I leaped from his window and landed on the ground I looked around to see if I could spot him. I yelled his name. It echoed though the woods. Well nobody is around so they wouldn't​ see this. I transformed to a brown wolf. I sniffed at the ground to pick up his sent. I found it and begin to follow it. As I was following it I ran into a couple of wolfs who had been shaken up by something. They looked at me and ran away. I guess I trained them not to mess with me. I kept fallowing the trail of Erik's sent when something hit my nose. I couldn't see to well so I changed back. I grabbed what hit my nose. I gasped. It was Erik's shirt. It wasn't torn up or anything it was just laying there. There was no sign of a struggle or anything so why was it here? I transformed back into a wolf and sniffed his shirt. I was confused his sent it changed. I can't explain it but it did. Did his sent change because he was dead. I let out a howl and began to run following the trail. I crouched when I saw a black wolf wondering around. It had Erik's boxers with it. This had to be the thing that attacked him. I tighten my legs to get ready to pounce. This must have been the thing that scared off the wolfs. I inched a bit closer. This wolf was strange it acted with out a care. It acted like it was the ruler of these woods. I felt some rage build up. I wanted to help Erik,but no this wolf took that away from me. I couldn't hide no longer. I leaped out of the brushes with a loud snarl. The wolf yipped at me and wasn't fighting back instead it was whimpering.

"Who the fuck are you" I spat I knew he could understand me by the way his ears rose.

"C...curtis?" it asked it sounded like Erik.

"Erik?! Your ok?" I shouted putting my head on top of his. This was how wolfs hugged.

"Yeah it's me well not physicality but mentally." he explained.

I changed back and pulled him in for a hug. I was so relieved he was ok.

"I'm glad your ok I thought something happened to you." I said.

He pushed me back with his paw. He started barking. I gave him a signal to give me a second. I used a spell that would let me talk to animals.

"Continue" I said.

"But something did happen to me don't you see. I'm a wolf!" he shouted.

"No no that is just one of you abilities, shape shifting is normal but it is difficult to learn. I'm surprised you could change so easily." I explained running my hand though his fur. His tail wagged a little at me scratching behind his ears.

"Really? So if you know how to shape shift how do I turn back?" he asked me.

"I'll explain back at the house but for now lets get out of here." I said turning back into a wolf to make him feel a bit comfortable.

I trotted ahead but stayed close to him so he wouldn't get lost. We made it back to the house and I turned back and tried to open the door.

"Great it's locked" I said.

"What do we do now?" he asked.

"Hop on my back I'm gonna get in the house though your window" I explained crouching so he could get on my back.

"But how?" he asked hopping on my back.

"You'll see" I responded.

I wondered over to where his window was. I closed my eyes and focused. Soon I felt my feet lift of the ground. I heard Erik gasp but I had to ignore it and stay focused or we would fall. I reached out to grab the window and soon we were inside Erik's room. I opened my eyes and let out a sigh. Flying is new to me so it strains me to use it. Erik leaped off my back.

"That was amazing!" Erik shouted excitedly while wagging his tail.

"Thanks" I said still trying to catch my breath.

"So how do I change back?" he asked.

I moved over to his bed and sat down on it.

"Ok so imagine your self before you transformed ya know when your human. Try to apply that image to you. Ok?" I explained.

"Ok sounds easy" he replied.

He closed his eyes and showed a tense face.

"No no your to tense. You gotta relax go with the flow." I explained to him.

"Right" he nodded.

He tried again. Still nothing. This would be harder then I thought. I thought about when I was learning about shape shifting. It took me months to figure out how to turn back and forth. I didn't want to tell Erik that so he wouldn't panic and turn into something dangerous. I know when someone starts to learn shape shifting, when they first start it was impossible to control it mainly based on how the person was feeling.

"Ok so how about we wait till morning because it's like 3 in the morning, and we can get some sleep. So we can think better on how we can turn you normal ok?" I asked.

He frowned but nodded. I helped him up on his bed. I was about to leave his room when I heard.

"C...curtis could I sleep with you tonight? In case something new happens to me and you can be right there to help me though it. I..if that's ok with you" he asked.

I nodded. His tail started to wag. He hopped out of his bed and left the room. I saw him trot twords my door he waited for me to approach. I opened the door. He some how got on my bed. I walked over and laid down. He moved around in circles like any dog would and laid down. I looked out the window. I thought about how mad I had gotten when I thought Erik was dead let alone I almost tore him apart when I didn't know it was him. I felt my eyelids slowly close. I saw the full moon before I fell asleep. I snicker on all nights for Erik to get stuck as a wolf on a full moon. I finally fell asleep.