Chapter 3

I was looking at the road as we drove. I was having some memories of when my family took road trips. I used to love them.

"Hay Erik" Lizzy said snapping me away from my thoughts.

"Y..yeah?" I asked.

"I'm curious how old are you exactly?" She asked.

"I'm 17" I responded.

"Sweet i'm 16. So why did you run away if you don't mind me asking." she questioned.

"I'd rather not talk about it." I sighed.

"Oh ok, that's fine besides we're here" she said as we pulled into the store's parking lot.

We found a parking spot rather easy. I stepped out of the car and looking around I was getting some strange looks. It was probably because I was wearing a halloween themed shirt in the middle of April,but it was all I had. We walked into the store and headed to where the clothes were.

"Erik I think you would look lovely in this outfit." Lizzy said handing me a black and white striped long sleeve shirt and black jeans similar to the ones I was wearing,but less torn up. I nodded.

I held the outfit that Lizzy pick Lizzy got a black short sleeve shirt with nothing but under it was a sown on white long sleeve shirt,2 pairs of pants and a short sleeve shirt with a blue and black flannel plus some boxers. We checked out the total was $45.00. I gave a little concern to the price. I carried my own clothes out and put them in the car myself since Lizzy spent so much on me. I sat in my seat and as I was grabbing the seat belt I look at my right arm and saw that the bandages had a little bit of red around where I was stabbed. I'll have Curtis look at it when we get back. The car started and we started heading to the house.

"I'm glad we found some nice outfits for you. I really like the striped shirt it looks charming on you." She said trying to break the silence.

"Yeah...but i'm sorry that it coasted so much." I replied.

"No sweat I had more than enough to pay for it." She said waving it off.

I rolled down the window and let the breeze flow though my hair. It was still a little damp from last night. We passed the spot or I think we did the place where Curtis first found me. I spotted a little bit of blood but it was very faint. We stopped at a red light and I saw someone at the crosswalk. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was the same man who stabbed me. We cought each other eyes. I wanted to find him and settle the score i'm glad he recognized me. He started walking to the car. I quickly rolled up the window. Lizzy took noticed to my strange behavior.

"Erik is everything alright? And who is that man." She asked reaching to the glove compartment for a knife or something I couldn't see it I kept my eyes on him.

"I'll handle this just please stay and go park the car somewhere." I said calmly and stepped out of the car.

"Well well see didn't I say you had something of value? You have a girlfriend a car and I would bet a house." he snickered.

"Can we please take this some where else I don't want to have someone stop us" I spat.

"I agree I know an ally close by. If you would fallow me." he said smugly.

Lizzy rolled down the window. "Please Erik explain what is going on!" she demanded.

I looked back at her "please don't worry about it just park the car and I'll be there soon" I explained.

I followed him to an ally way. He pulled out a knife.

"No be a man and fight with your fists!" I snapped.

"Alright alright I will" he said as he set the knife down.

I brought my fists up and threw the first punch I aimed for his gut and I wasn't holding back. He grabbed my fist and twisted my arm then threw me to the ground. Before I could get up he kicked me in the face giving me a bloody nose. I soon managed to get up. I ignored my nose and charged at him. I managed to tackle him to the ground. I started throwing punches. He managed to push me off and started to repeatedly punch me. I tried to block but he pushed my hands away. I was starting to black out but I some how found the strength to push him away. I used the wall to get up. I rubbed my face and got blood on my arm. I most likely had a black eye. He charged at me and I some how avoided it. I somehow avoided him. I gave a few good swings to his gut knocking the wind out of him. After that I threw some punches to his face and landed a few. He got to his feet and spun kicked me causing me to lose my balance and fall.

"I'm gonna end this" he muttered grabbing his knife back out.

He stepped on my arm which had the stab wound on it causing me to scream. He rose his knife. I tried to block with my other arm he kicked it away.

"I told you not to lie it could harm you kiddo." he said as he laughed.

He was pulled off me and thrown away. I think it was Curtis. He walked over to the man. I turned my attention to above me and saw Lizzy.

"Are you okay I parked and saw you two fighting and I didn't know what to do so I called my dad and from the looks of things he got here just in time." she explained. 

"I'm sorry it was just some grudge I had against him. I thought I could take him." I sighed.

I saw the man run out of the ally. Curtis had his fist held high and was shouting something I couldn't understand him.

He walked over to me. I think he's mad at me but i'm not sure.

"Ay are you all right Erik?" he asked he sounded calm.

I nodded. He helped me up. We walked out of the ally and I sat in the back seat. Curtis and Lizzy got in. They started to drive.

"I...i'm sorry" I muttered.

"I'm glad you didn't try and use your magic humans aren't ready for it." Curtis said to Endie. I guess they didn't hear me.

"I wanted to so badly he was really getting beat up" She responded.

"I understand but your magic is unstable you can't control it. It was good that you called me." Curtis replied.

I disrupted there conversation "I'm sorry for getting into a fight if you want me to leave your house I understand and what's this talk about magic?" I asked.

Curtis looked back at me. "I'll explain when we get back to the house but im not gonna kick you out." he chuckled.

We got back to the house and I sat on the couch and Curtis brought a first aid kit to me and unwrapped my bandages around my arm. He took a look at my arm.

"Looks like while you were fighting that guy you got some dirt in the wound it will hurt a bit more then it was last night just a little heads up." he said before putting a damp rag on my arm it stung a lot and I let out a small groan of discomfort.

"So what is this talk about magic?" I asked trying to ignore the pain.

"Well I'm sure you know about magic in fairy tales and stuff but its real me and Lizzy can both use magic and many people can to they just don't know it. To be honest that's the  reason I picked you up from the streets." he explained.

"What? Are you joking?" I asked puzzled.

"Yeah in fact I'll help you understand your abilities but for now I would imaged your tiered from all this so i'll let you have a nap and rest a bit." he explained as he finished wrapping my arm in bandages. I looked at the clock it was already 6:45. Wow where did all the time go? I headed up to my room or well the guest room. It has been blazing all day from what I heard Curtis said that it was gonna be 70° tonight so I decided to sleep in my boxers and a sleeveless shirt I bought at the store. I just laid on the bed. Could I really use magic? I can't believe it. I soon drifted off in my own thoughts and soon found myself asleep.