Chapter 2

I woke up in a bed. This wasn't where I fell asleep. I move the blanket so I can get up and my legs feel much better than they were last night. I'm in a strange new room with tan walls a dresser and a night stand. I notice that i'm in more comfortable clothes,but there extremely baggy. I open the door and there is long hallway with stairs leading down and about 3 other doors. I don't want to be snooping thought Curtis's things so I head to the stairs. I grab tightly on the rail and head down the stairs. As i'm heading down stair I smell something cooking I don't what it is. I make it to the bottom of the stairs and try to find the kitchen. I enter the kitchen to see Curtis at the stove making some eggs and bacon. He notices me walk in.

"Good morning Erik" he chirped politely.

"...morning.." I groan.

"Not a morning person I presume?" he asked.

I shook my head.

"That's ok if you want to sleep more,but I would like to take a look at your arm and change the bandages on it" he explained putting the eggs on a plate.

I hadn't noticed but my arm was all wrapped in bandages and it wasn't hurting like it was last night. I nod and start heading to the table.

"INTRUDER!!!" I hear a female voice behind me.

Before I could react I was tackled from behind my arm hit the counter causing it to hurt extremely​ bad.

"OW FUCK!!" I shout hurting my throat.

"Elizabeth! No he's not and intruder he is now a guest now please get off him" Curtis yelled.

Soon I was helped up and I froze in shock I just swore and when ever I used to swear in front of my mother would smack me. I quickly brought up my hand to guard myself. A few seconds passed.

"What is he doing dad?" I hear Endie ask Curtis.

"I don't know Erik what are you doing?" Curtis asked.

I lowered my arms. "I swore aren't you gonna hit me or something?" I asked.

They both looked at each other and made a concerned look. Curtis walked over to me and grabbed my shoulder.

"Erik I would never lay my hand on you or well I would never put my hands on you in a harming way" he explained.

I felt a bit comfortable at him saying this. I sit at the table and the girl that tackled me sat across from me. She had long black hair with purple highlights. Purple eyes I don't know how she got them that way. She wore a dark purple sleeveless shirt and black shorts.

"Elizabeth what did I tell you about wearing your contacts at night or did you just put them in?" Curtis asked putting a plate of eggs and bacon in front of me.

"So I fell asleep in them big woop nothing happened to my eyes here i'll take them out." she responded reaching for her eye and taking out both contacts that had purple filters on them to revival ice blue eyes.

"Better? And call me Lizzy!" she shouted.

"Fine, now please go put them in the case in the bathroom upstairs." he sighed.

She picked them up and headed for the stairs.

"Sorry about that any ways hows your arm and do you drink coffee?" he asked heading to the pot.

"Yeah and my arm feels fine,but these aren't my clothes what happened?" I asked.

"Well when I came back from getting the bandages I saw you were asleep and I woke you up and asked if you would like to change out of your wet clothes and you said yes I gave you some of my old clothes which were clean. You said you were tired so I helped you up the stairs and to the guest room. I took you wet clothes and put them in the washer to get clean and now there in the dryer." he explained.

"I don't remember a part from falling asleep on the couch." I said blatantly.

He walked over and set a cup of coffee in front of me and said next to the chair Lizzy was at. I grabbed a slice of bacon that was on my plate and started nibbling on it. I didn't want to be rude and chow down to spite me not eating in a couple of days. The flavor was delicious.

"You know I don't usually pick up people from the streets,but you I can make an exception. You seemed like you needed it." Curtis said taking a sip of his coffee.

"Well you do have my thanks,but i'm not sure if I can pay you back for all you've done." I sighed.

Lizzy came leaping into the room it almost looked like she flew in here. She sat down next to Curtis. It's strange Curtis and Lizzy don't even look alike in fact they look totally different and Lizzy called Curtis dad?

"You don't have to pay me back it's just kindness and you can stay as long as you'd like I don't mind." He explained.

"Ooo dad! Do you think he could move in I always wanted a friend that I could always hang out with since most of my friends live far?!" Lizzy shouted slamming he hands on the table and standing up.

"Lizzy inside voices please,and it's up to Erik if he wants to" Curtis explained to her.

Just then I think the dryer went off since I heard a buzzing noise in the distance. Curtis got up and said he would be right back leaving me and Lizzy alone.

"So Curtis is your dad?" I ask trying the eggs.

"Well no he adopted me so he is technically my dad." She explained.

"Oh I see." I muttered.

Curtis walked back into the kitchen with a folded shirt and pants and walked over to me.

"Here ya go,um im not sure if you remember but you'd said you would want to go shopping for clothes i'm not sure if you want to go still so i figured I'd ask you." he explained handing me my clothes.

"That would be great but I have no money" I sighed.

"I'll pay just don't go over board." he said.

Lizzy jumped out of her seat. "Can I take him please dad if he is gonna get clothes there is no better person to ask pick out clothes than me!!" she exclaimed.

Curtis looked at her and then to me. He nodded. She hopped over the table and hugged him then bolted up the stairs. I pick up my empty plate and put it in the sink and head to the downstairs bathroom and change into my clothes and set the clothes I was wearing and put them on the couch so Curtis would see them and I waited for Lizzy. She came into to room with her contacts back in her eyes.

"Ok I want you both back at around 12 it's 10 right now so that's 2 hours" Curtis said picking up the clothes I left.

"Fine dad don't worry well be back" Lizzy said.

She left the house and heading to the car and I followed behind me. I got in the passenger seat which from where I was sitting I could see that I left blood from where I was last night. I'll have to clean that when I get to back Curtis's house. Lizzy started the car. Was she old enough drive? I'll ask later but for now I kicked back in my seat and relaxed.