Chapter 4

I was running to my house I had just got my licence. I was so excited to tell my family. I got home and opened the front door. I saw my mom sitting on the couch watching tv with my little brother and my dad was in the recliner chair. I showed them both it and my little brother hopped of the couch and said.

"Can you take me for a drive around please it will be fun" he asked tugging my arm.

I looked at my mom and she nodded with approval. I headed out to the car my brother skipped ahead and got in the passages seat of my mom's car. I backed out of the drive way and started to drive. We stopped at a red light.

"Erik" he said.

"Yes jake?" I asked.

"Why do you and mom fight?" he questioned.

"Well me and mom don't get along to well but if she ever talks to you like she dose me let me know i'll get you out of there. So how about we get some ice cream mom gave me a little bit of money?" I asked.

"Yay! Ice cream! Thank you Erik!" he shouted throwing his fists in the air.

The light turned green and I stepped on the gas lightly and I looked to my right where jake was and saw headlights and heard tires screech everything went black.

I woke up in a hospital bed with a few bandages over me I sat up and the doctor told me to follow him. He lead  me to a room where I saw my mother and father looking down at a bed. I turned my attention to the bed and saw jake. He had a bunch of different machines hooked up to him. I took a few steps twords him. My mom noticed that I entered the room and stood up.

"Get away from him! Your the reason he's in here! Its all your fault!!" she snapped.

I took a few steps back.

"Dear it was the other driver's fault not Erik's. Erik i'm glad your awake you been knocked out for the passed few days." my dad explained.

"H..he's gonna be okay r..right?" I asked.

My dad shook his head. "The doctor said that he is showing no signs off brain activity and that we have to pull the plug I asked if we could wait another day till you were here." He sighed.

I felt tears growing in my eyes. "I...i'm sorry it's all my fault.." I managed to say.

My dad walked up to me. "It's not your fault." he said hugging me.

He nodded to the doctor. My mom was glaring at me. Dad brought me over. The doctor walked over to the plug. And pulled it only leaving the sound of the heart monitor going off.

I sat up quickly and shouted. "I'M SORRY!". I felt tears along my cheeks.

I was put my hands to my face and started sobbing. I heard my door open I don't know who it was.

"Is everything alright?! I heard you shout so I'd figured I would check up on you! Erik?" I heard it was Curtis.

I didn't respond. I heard his footsteps approach me and I felt him sit next to me. He pulled me in for a hug. I need it. I continued to cry. I felt Curtis's hand on my back going in a circular motion.

"I..it's all my f...fault" I muttered.

"What's all your fault? You didn't do anything wrong?" Curtis asked.

I picked my head up. "I did do something wrong! I killed my little brother on accident. He wanted me to drive so bad. So when I did and we crashed and he died." I explained putting my head back into my hands and continuing to cry. Curtis was silent for a second.

"I'm so sorry to hear that I didn't know" Curtis muttered.

"I'm watching a movie down stairs with Lizzy. You can come join us if you'd like." He suggested.

I nodded. He got up and helped me off the bed. I fallowed him downstairs and to the living room. I looked over to the couch and saw that Lizzy was only in a bra and shorts. I looked away trying not to be rude.

"It's fine Lizzy will sometimes wander the house like that so you might wanna get used to it." Curtis said.

"What are you to watching?" I asked rubbing my eye.

"Oh just Corpses bride." Lizzy said eating popcorn.

I sat down still feeling tears in my eyes.

"So why did Erik yell?" Lizzy asked.

"He just had a nightmare nothing to worry about I brought him down here." Curtis explained.

"Oh alright. It wasn't too bad was it?" she asked turning her head twords me.

"No It wasn't. I just wasn't expecting it." I muttered.

"Oh! I forgot to ask hows your eye?" she asked.

"It's fine I guess." I muttered.

"Oh also Erik I'm going to enroll you to Lizzy's school, but you will have to wait till next year starts up. Is that ok with you?" Curtis asked.

"Yeah...that's fine" I trailed off.

I looked up at Curtis and he returned my gaze with a worried look. I knew he was worried about me about my state of mind. I gave him a look that kinda said I'm ok. He nodded and looked back at the tv. My eyes were looking at the tv but my mind was else where."I was the cause of his death it's my fault I'm the one that should have died not him." I kept repeating that in my head. I felt even more tears in my eyes.

"Erik the movie isn't that sad so why are your crying?" Lizzy asked. Snapping me from my thoughts.

"I'm fine don't worry about it I think I'll head back to bed if you don't mind." I sighed wiping a tear away.

She nodded. I stood up and headed to the the stairs I looked to Curtis who still had his concerned look on his face. I looked away and left the room heading back upstairs. I opened the door and opened my window and stood in the window sell. I thought about what Curtis said earlier about magic. I gazed into the distance. Curtis lived in an area far from the town.

"I guess nobody would care if I snuck out." I muttered to myself and leaped out of the window and landed swiftly of the ground.

I walked to the woods and looked back at the house i'll figure out a way to get back in. I continued to walk when I heard a snarl come from the dark. When I turned my head I saw about four wolfs ready to pounce I was no match for them if I fought I'm too week but the was no where I could run. One of them went for me and the others soon followed. I rose my arm up to guard i'm not sure what happened but when I opened my eyes they were whimpering and running. Did I win? I went to get up and found that I couldn't.

"What the hell?" I asked looking down.

I gasped at what I saw. I saw two black paws along with my shirt laying ahead of me. I was a wolf? But how?! How the fuck do I explain this to Curtis?! I got up on all fours which was a little easy. I guess as a wolf I have advanced senses. I could smell a bunch of different smells. I heard every last sound it was a bit annoying. I sniffed at my shirt to see if I could find my way back. I couldn't pick up a sent. I know this was not the time but I couldn't resist I had to let out a howl while i'm like this. I howled long and loud and let it ring though the woods. I laughed at the sound of my howl. It was fun but I want to be human and I need to find Curtis's house so I began to look around.