Begrudgingly I grab my coat and keys and head out into the frigid cold and take the walk toward Fletcher's.

Just one more drink, one won't hurt.

I stumble into the pub, starting to feel the effects of all the beer I had in the last hour, and sit myself on an empty bar stool with a huff.

I decide to stick by the window choosing a seat in the corner and far enough away from everyone else. I'm here for the alcohol not the bleeding social scene.

Once I place my order I turn around and watch the odd bloke pass by the window, make eye contact with some. Poor sods, some look worse off than me, but none can't beat how shitty I feel. I'd put money on it.

I sit in silence, coddling my drink, listening to the bustle of people around me.

This is a new kind of low.

Rock bottom. This is what this is.

Yesterday I had a beautiful girlfriend who against all odds and her own negative feelings on love and now I'm a sad excuse of a man sitting alone in a bar, drinking my sorrows away.

I miss her. I miss her so much. Maybe she's still at Liam's. I could go back and apologize, grovel on my knees, promise her the world... No. She probably isn't even there anymore.

Before I know it I've drained my glass and order another as I continue my pathetic planning.

Emma's probably at home by now. I can go there, force her to listen to me. No, she won't let me inside. Well I can sit wait outside, sit in the hall and wait for her to come out. Pull some romantic comedy shit. The stuff she's never wanted but maybe it'll work.

Suddenly I feel a presence next to me but I don't look up. As long as I don't look I can imagine it's Emma. That by some wonderful twist of fate she's found me here and wants to work things out.

We don't even need to be in a romantic relationship at this point. That would be too big an ask.

I want my best friend back.

I'd be with her right now if this fight was with any other woman. I'd show up at her place, tell her what happened, rant about how unreasonable the other party was, and then we'd watch netflix until we fell asleep on her bed.

But I can't do that, we're not talking and she's not sitting next to me now.

I anxiously push my fingers through my hair and sigh. She's getting closer, I can feel the heat of her leg against mine although we're not touching.

Please don't. I don't want this.

"You look like you need another drink love." She says to me, turning her whole body so she's facing me.

"Already got one" I answer her lifting up my glass, not looking her way.

She releases a slight giggle before continuing. "Actually seems like you need another."

At first I don't understand what she's going on about but when I look down at my glass I see that it's empty once again.

I release a deep breath, ready to order another when I feel her hand on my arm.

"Here babe, have another." She says sliding over a glass and placing it before me. "You look like a whiskey man."

I nod and take a sip, letting the cool harsh liquid, reveling in the feel of it sliding down my throat before it releases it's magical elixir through my body, over taking over my senses.

This happens over and over again.

It's strange but there is a small part of me that is somewhat thankful that she's here tonight. For the past hour she has been able to comfort me in this incredibly dark time I find myself in.