Chapter 14

Harry

"So what's going on with you two anyway?" Liam asks as I finally close to door having been standing there for more than a few moments after seeing Emma and her long dirty blonde hair push out of the door at the end of my hall.

"I have no idea" I answer rubbing the back of my head before walking towards Liam "she's infuriating sometimes."

"Well one of you have to do something" he says looking up at me before focussing his attention back on his bags "cause this little 'will-they-won't-they' thing is ridiculous" Liam scolds me taking a seat at the table.

"Mate what are you fucking talking about?"

"I'm just saying something or rather someone's gotta give because you both just end up making a fool of yourselves" he laughs to himself. "Emma was just standing there outside your door when I came walking up. Didn't even notice I was down the hall poor thing, she must of mean just standing there for ages when I finally had to snap her out of it."

She was at my door? Why on earth was she there, after therapy no less. Did she talk about me?

"What do you mean? You just watched her stand there?" Giving him a sort of disgusted look.

"Of course mate, she's fit so I took advantage of the opportunity." simply giving me a shrug and a smirk before organizing the supplies.

"Anyway" I say sitting down at the table with him "I was thinking of adding something right here" pointing to one of the only blank areas on my arm, trying to change the subject.

Liam stands and looks down at me, a confused yet semi stern look on his face but not saying a word.

"What?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows.

"I just thought you promised Emma that you would get your next tattoo with her."

"And how do you know that?" Leaning back in my chair, now annoyed.

"Why so surprised? We hang out, she tells me things" waving his hands in the air towards me.

"What do you mean 'hang out'? You haven't–" I stop before I can finish the sentence, Emma would do almost anything and does a lot of things but she wouldn't hook up with one of my best mates, would she?

"No, of course not! No! Harry, it's pretty obvious that Emma is off limits, not that I even look at her that way, although I did just admit to checking her out" he's getting flustered but I honestly don't care as he continues "I'm just saying...well not that she isn't attractive, I mean she is but..."

He keeps going in circles, complimenting Em and then taking it back as if he's crossed some line. I'm not listening to be honest, I don't give a fuck what he's saying really, all I can think about is that Emma might have said something to him that she can't say to me. She only just met Liam recently and I thought only ever interacted with him with me around.

Liam's continuous rambles bring me out of my thoughts, "Just shut up mate, please" as I push my fingers back through my hair "lets get this started."

"Look I know you don't want to hear this but that girl was just standing outside your door petrified to knock, someone doesn't do that unless they are interested, even Emma."

"You obviously don't know Emma than" pushing back any thoughts that she might actually want me in the way I want her. If she did she wouldn't be keeping so much from me. She would open up and let me help her.

"Maybe not, but I've seen that way she lights up when she talks about you."

I don't know what I am more annoyed with. That Emma seems to know more about Emma than I do or that he is actually here at my flat giving me lessons in Emma.

Talking the tattoo gun and sighing I bring my foot to my lap. Resting my ankle on my knee I fire the gun up and go to ink my skin. God this is a stupid idea.

"I thought you wanted to do your arm mate?"

"Changed my mind" not discussing it further.

As I slowly etch the word 'BIG' on non other than my big toe I feel a complex mixture of completely pissed and soul wrenchingly guilty. I did promise Emma that she could be there the next time I got one and here I am acting like a dick and getting one out of anger and frustration. Why couldn't she just tell me what happened to her.

If I was annoyed after she left my car yesterday I am even more pissed after seeing what I saw today. I followed her this afternoon. When she stepped into the building she looked pissed, a real hot head–she basically stormed inside. Needing to know more I stepped inside myself and asked where Em had gone. It took a little flirting but the receptionist pointed to the name on the wall. Three floors up Emma was talking to a therapist, just as she admitted yesterday.

I didn't wait for her to emerge although the cute little number behind the desk would have been more than happy for me to stay. Yes, I know I already sound like a semi stalker I didn't want to cross the line into full on perv.

Knowing that she was in fact talking to a therapist mixed with our argument yesterday led me to this moment tattooing the word 'BIG' on my fucking toe to relieve some of the tension.

"You know she told me to not let you do anything stupid" leaning back in his chair, more than a little bit of amusement crossing his face.

"Well I guess you failed mate" I might be pissed as fuck at him as he sits across from me with that smugly comical look on his face but he might be right, one of us has got to give eventually.  

___

A/N: Short edit but still an update. I just needed to get something written. Have you ever felt that just to get the ball rolling again. I have a bunch of chapters written but I still need a few more little fillers like this before I get to those. 

Hope you all have some fun weekend plans ahead of you! For me I'll be working and writing. 

PLEASE PLEASE Vote/Comment/Share. 

All the love and happy weekend. 

C.