Chapter 93

Harry

She is the most frustrating woman in the entire fucking world.

I can't believe how easily she was telling that Niall bloke everything.

When the hell did she meet him anyway? She's never told me she was talking to anyone.

Well that sounds stalkerish.

Fuck it, my anger still stands.

Just a few weeks ago Em was ragging on me for texting Jess. Most of the time I wasn't even responding to her and yet Emma was doing the exact same thing behind my back with him. However I was reaching out due to my grief. Emma on the other hand...

But really, when did they start up this little friendship of theirs because it felt a lot more than a random bar tender calling up someone to pick up a random customer.

He seemed to know Emma.

At least as much as she lets someone new know her.

Frustratingly I brush my fingers through my hair, wracking my brain, wishing that some answer would just show itself.

I clutch the steering wheel so tightly my knuckles turn white. I haven't been able to bring myself to drive off.

Why can't I pull away?

Because you're the idiot who is in love with her.

Why isn't she coming out?

Because she's pissed out of her mind and she won't even remember this in the morning let alone stand on her own.

I plant my forehead against the wheel, willing myself to make a decision. Either leave or go in and get her.

Well I think we both know which one I've already decided.

Bracing myself I open my car door and let the frigid cold flood in.

I can't believe this happening.

The first person I make eye contact with is bartender, Niall, I think his name is. He seems nice enough but my girl sees something in him and just told him things I've been begging her to share with me for months...

I hate the bastard.

"Does she have an outstanding tab?" I ask, walking right up to the bar, not daring to touch her.

I love her but I'm still furious and hurt and disappointed. Talking to her and definitely touching her could set me off and say something I don't mean.

And I've already done more than enough of that in the past few weeks.

"No mate, she's good."

I can tell he's just covering for her but I don't push him on it. If he wants to pay for Emma's drunken escapades I won't stop him.

I give him a firm nod and turn my attention to the poor girl bent over the bar.

"Emma, it's time to go." I lean down and whisper gently but firmly.

Tonight I can't take anymore bullshit, I just want to get us out of here.

Her body hiccups against the bar but she's doesn't respond.

"Emma please get up. Let's go."

Slowly she turns her head and looks up at me, her eyes bloodshot and weak. "You came back?"

I sit down next to her and cross my arms on the bar in front of me, taking a moment to piece together the right words. I look back down at her and see she's still looking up at me, not even blinking.

"The way I see it Em, we're gonna say a whole lot of shit but at the end of the day we'll both come back to each other. Agreed?"

Without words she does agee and gives me a slow nod.

"Can you stand?" I ask her but before she can answer Niall does.

"Don't want to speak for her but definitely not."

I give him tight lipped nod and move to take her in my arms.

She's light, too light for my liking. Emma has always been fit but the last few days of minimal eating has already taken it's toll.

That's probably why the drink is hitting her so hard tonight, nothing in the system to soak it up. Right now Em is all tequila.

Almost immediately she curls closer into my chest. Her slender and cold fingers holding onto the lapel of my jacket. I can't say the closeness doesn't make me falter a bit emotionally. This kind of closeness is irresistible with Em.

The pull between us is out of control even with Em half asleep in my arms.

As gently as I can I place her in the passenger seat of the car. Her eyes still closed and her whole body calm and peaceful.

This night has taken a toll on the both of us. I just wish she would have just come to me and not snuck out like she did.

I'm all for getting drunk and having a reckless night out. If that's what she wanted to do I certainly wouldn't have rained on her parade.

At this point I just wish Marcus had never called and I wish I had never asked her to pick up the phone.

We were so close.

There was one more gift she wanted to give and then I had every intention of making love to her all through the night until we were too tired and delirious from our full body orgasms to go on.

That's what our first Christmas as a couple should have been like, not this.

But this is what we were given so all that is left is for us to maneuver our relationship through it.

I round the front of the car and finally take my seat in the driver's seat. For a moment I sit there and let the heat of the car envelope the entire space.

Taking a deep breath I lean back and look over the the beautiful girl half asleep next to me.

All I have ever wanted is for this to work but what if this doesn't? What if after all this time and all the fights and all our bullshit we don't actually work?

We might not. We might crash and burn into oblivion and not come out the other side but one thing will always remain the same no matter what.

"Em... I love you."

"Love you too..." Her words are barely audible but I hear them clear as day and I am utterly breathless although my heart is racing in my chest.

"Em?" I don't even know why I seem to be questioning her. It just slips out before I even know what I'm trying to get at.

Then she begins to mumble again. "Can't hurt you anymore."

Jesus even unconscious she is thinking of ways to keep me from truly knowing her. It's infuriating but if tonight shows me anything it is that she's never going to tell me a damn thing.

___

A/N: Short and sweet and all Harry. 

VOTE + COMMENT

All the love, C.