Chapter 7: Surprise

*House of Hades Spoilers

Percy

As hard as I tried I couldn't control my grin. Their reactions were just so funny! As soon as I spoke, many pairs of eyes widened. All of the people who had identified themselves as spies looked shell-shocked and a bit exasperated. Steve looked bewildered, again, and Bruce looked like a weird mix between Annabeth and Octavian: calculating, with a hint of dissection.  Thor looked very nervous, but also like he was expecting it.

Nick Fury recovered first, "Who are you?"

I thought about it for a second, "Do you want all of my titles, too?" he nodded and I continued. "Alright, I'm Perseus Jackson, Son of Poseidon: Greek god of the Sea, Stormbringer, Father of Horses, Earthshaker-"

"Greek gods?" Tony asked in an incredulous voice, "They're real?" I nodded in affirmation.

"Yup," I said, popping the 'P', "All of them, and the Romans, and maybe even the Egyptians, too." I said that last part quietly, thinking about that kid Carter.

I think I may have broken the superheroes. Everyone except Thor seemed to be having mental seizures, if their facial expressions were anything to go by.

"So, you are a demigod. Unless, of course, your mother is also a god?" asked Bruce.

I nodded appreciatively, "Nice, but no. My mother is moral, but I'm immortal." I was still a bit uncomfortable with calling myself a god, It made me feel like the jerk Hercules. "I'll tell you more about how it happened later, but basically the Olympians rewarded me for something I did by granting me and my friends with immortality."

This seemed to cause even more confusion.

"The  Olympian council is real? Are they actually on top of Mt. Olympus?"

"There are MORE OF YOU?"

"What could you possibly do to be rewarded with being a god?"

My head was swimming but I responded, "Yes, in a way, yes, and I said I'd tell you later."

"Okay, I think we need to have a full assessment of your abilities and physical condition, then we can tell you our story." And you can tell us yours. He didn't say that last part, but I could tell that Fury was expecting me to reciprocate.

I nodded, I seemed to be doing a lot of that today. "Sure, I don't care." I was actually kinda curious as to what a medical examination would say about me. I had never gone to a doctor before -unless you count the infirmary- because luckily the godly blood in demigods meant that we never got sick. I was a bit nervous for my first exam.

Fury looked pleased, but raised his eyebrows, "Well, It'll have to be tomorrow, it's getting late."

I looked at the windows in surprise, I hadn't even realized how dark it had gotten. I hadn't even realized there were windows, to be honest. Sure enough the wall to the right of the circular table was broken up by 6 large panes of thick glass.  

 I yawned in agreement.

"And tomorrow I expect an explanation of how you all were beaten by one person, god or not," threatened Fury. Everyone else's faces got considerably whiter.

"I'll show you where you can sleep," said Natasha as Fury left the room. "Tony's tower has a ton of rooms. All of the Avengers sleep on floor 13. Tony's idea of a joke, don't ask. You'll get used to him."

I shrugged as they led me back to the elevator. They seemed a lot more relaxed now that they had confronted their leader, though they seemed tense about tomorrow's report. It was still extremely awkward for me. The elevator plunged down a few floors and the doors dinged open and everyone got out except Tony.