Chapter 6: Introductions

Percy

I'm still not sure why I agreed to join this 'elite team', but I guess the gods wanted them as allies. They will only be useful in killing mortal threats, so I was wondering what the gods were anticipating. I had to update someone on the status of my quest, so I flashed out, releasing the five captives. Instead of going straight to Stark tower, I flashed over to my dad's palace.
I had visited my dad's palace a lot after the giant war, but it's splendor always impressed me. The walls were a marbled mix of pearls, white coral, and blue stone that seemed to give off their own light. The ceiling opened up into a dome that made it feel as if you were inside a giant pearl, which I know from experience. This room was the first to be rebuilt after the war, and Poseidon had remodeled it to be deceptively more open. Deceptively, because it was actually 13.5 times more secure. But you'd never know it by the large marble archways that opened straight into a huge reef filled with temples and the houses of merpeople.

I knew that that further into the throne room, the white marble floors rose up in three tiers to show off the extra-large fisherman's chair. But today, I couldn't see the throne, or the marble tiers.
They were filled with a large circle of assorted mermen, dolphins, and minor sea gods who surrounded the throne.

The sound of me Traveling in was covered by my dad's booming voice echoing through the water.

"If there is anything I learned in the last war, it-" he paused and seemed to listen. "Who's there?"

The whole group whirled around and looked at me. Their assorted spears, knives and teeth were instantly pointed at my chest until they got a look at my face. Then they relaxed and a few of them bowed. I've got to say, a dolphin bowing is one of the weirdest things I'll ever see. I nodded to them respectfully.
Poseidon pushed through the circle. His stern expression disappeared when he realized it was me.
"Percy! Sorry about that, I didn't know you were visiting," greeted Poseidon.
"Is this a war council?" I asked, frowning.
"No. Not yet anyways. We were just discussing ...movements."
"Oh." I left the subject alone. He would tell me when he was ready, if the Great Prophesy was any indication.
"Well, I just wanted to update you on those people I was supposed to meet," I said.
"How did it go?"

"They're really weird, but not too dangerous. I could beat them, but they could cause some serious damage to camp," I noticed that the group of sea creatures had slowly dissolved away. "I'm going to meet their leader now, so I should probably leave."

"Yes, of course. I'll pass on this information, thank you son. Nice job on beating them, but be careful. Something just isn't right in the sea...."
I nodded with apprehension. I started summoning the energy to flash out.

"Good luck, Percy."
"Bye, Dad."

I reappeared in the lobby of Stark Tower, a place Annabeth had once pointed out to me. 'Substandard to the classical architecture, but pretty good for any modern mind,' she had said.

Sure, that.

The lobby was simple, but you could tell that everything was top notch, and very high security. My days at private schools had taught me all about security cameras, and these ones rivaled a military reform school. The room had simple black couches and a tiled floor. There were two, large, wooden desks, but only one was occupied.

The secretary at the desk gave a startled yelp at my appearance. I gave her my name and said I was waiting for the Superhero Team or whatever. She shakily nodded in understanding and said she'd tell the 'director' that I was here.
I wasn't sure if I should thank her or run.

I sat on the edge of a plush chair, still wound up from my visit with Poseidon. As I walked in he seemed to be comparing something to Giant war. Now that I think about it, it could have also been the Titan war since the Giant war barely affected his kingdom.
In either case, he must feel that these 'movements' were something to worry about.
It's been two years since the Giant war and I guess my relaxation time has run out.