Chapter 8 - Minor Details

*Chapter Eight - Minor Details*

He was telling people I was his girlfriend?! Or maybe I was being slightly vain.. he could be talking about someone else… But who else? He’s a loner right?

I was guessing my face was a turbulent see of emotions as I was playing out the mental pantomime in my head.  Carla noticed and said “Yeah… I was talking to him on facebook because he asked me what was the French homework – I obviously wouldn’t talk to him otherwise but everyone to their own of course! And it was like getting awkward so I asked him ‘Who you loving?’ and he said ‘My girlfriend… (love heart)’. Haha I felt so sorry for the girl!”

At the look on my face, which happened to be ironic anger. “I. Am. Not. His. Girlfriend!” I nearly screamed but quieted down as my mam wasn’t that far away.  I was formulating a plan of action to deal with this when Carla spoke up.

“So… What are you going to do about it?” She giggled and fell forwards on my bed, taking to not fall off the end. I stood up and started pacing up and down the small free space in my room.

“Hmm…. Kill him!” I said deviously, with only an only half joking tone. I literally marched to the door and yanked it open, stopping for a second in amusement that it didn’t come off the hinges, that’s how hard I pulled.

Carla just sat on my bed gazing after me said to me “Em, Sarah. Two Questions… One, are you planning to call to his house?! Because that wouldn’t be weir d at all… Oh, and what about your mam? I’m guessing the chances of you being allowed out in the pouring rain right after a shower are pretty slim… just saying!”

Once she was done with the monologue I reviewed the spiel in my head. ‘Damn she makes good a good debate! But my mind was too fogged up with one sole purpose, no voices of reason here!’ I thought to myself’

“Eh Minor Details darling, minor details!” I said in a posh, stuffy accent. It just made me look strange more than anything.

It was then my mam just had to call us down so she could bring Carla home, effectively cutting off any revenge attempts I could plan. For that day at least.

**

The rest of the weekend was tediously boring. You couldn’t even call it a holiday from school, more of a ‘study break’. This, was my Mam’s fault. Unfortunately she found out about the French and business tests I had the following week and made me study for hours on end.

This is why she just usually never finds out. I think I was actually glad to go back to school even though I had a sinking feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach. What if he had told people my name, what if people knew something, what if he tried getting me to act like a couple? Ew!

Monday came and fortunately nothing happened, except the odd offhand comment from Darren. Guess he hadn’t forgiven me yet…  It was at lunch when he drew the final straw.

I was walking past his over-crowded table when I heard a loud “WHOOP!” in a masculine voice and heard “Looking good there Roberts!” his lovely new little habit, using my second name instead of my name.

I had had enough; I marched over to his table, shoved through the mass of bodies and looked down my nose at Darren. He had an amused smirk on his face. That was annoying me too. I’d heard of the expression to ‘wipe the smirk off his face’, but never really took it as true. I made it true.

The sound of hand hitting skin hard and at force rang out in the near silent canteen. Everyone was staring at me still in my warrior stance, hand raised and Darren, sitting looking shocked, cradling his raw red left check.

I couldn’t believe what I had just done. Everything happened in slow motion after that. Darren’s followers spilt into two camps. One trying to pull me away and congratulate me on my awesomeness and the other surrounding Darren and shoving me out.

The last sight I saw before Carla yanked me out of the door was Darren sticking his head up over the crowd and screaming after me. “Well, Screw you!”

Once I was standing in the corridor outside the canteen and has been released by Carla. She decided to put the whole inquisition on me.

“What the hell was that in there?!” She said with an undertone of astonishment. Who knew quiet little Sarah would go in and be all violent.  

I was about to retort to her rhetorical question when the canteen door started opening and a figure popped out. It was  Danielle, just fabulous!

“Ok, I just came through the canteen because I was held back at the end of class and what is going on in there? Why is Darren holding his face and cursing your grandchildren?” She giggled.

“Basically she bitch slapped him. I know Sarah, who knew when the day would come?” She broke down in a fit of laughter, clutching her stomach. I was going to guess that the previous anger was gone.

“Em, anyone mind telling me why innocent little Sarah went all ninja?” Danielle said in a nearly whining voice, I guessed it was annoying not to be in on the school-wide scandal.

“I, uh.. had just had enough of Darren and stuff…” I said, suddenly the regret that was inevitable hit me in the face like a brick wall. I said it like a little five year old remorseful of their actions. I sank into one of the many benches adorning the school corridor and put my head in my hands. “Why did I just do that? I am such an idiot sometimes! Help me!”

“Say what now? You don’t need help you badass! You go girl! Frankly he was starting to annoy me too and there’s no point in having people like that in your life” Carla said while taking my hands away from my face and smiling encouragingly down at me.

“I suppose… yeah! You’re right, I don’t need him. Thanks, I love you guys!” I encircled them in a giant bear hug and I was aware Danielle was on the verge of happy tears.

The moment was suitably ruined when the person I wanted to see least at that moment showed up…

Jack.

 ________________________________________________________________________________

lol whos happy for the crazy fast upload? I've been under pressure from a certain fan :L so yeah!

Please comment / vote / fan if you would like to know what Jack has to say for himself! <3