little thing

little girl
small thing
i see you from where I stand
I am so sorry you went through it, but I want you to know you can

Hold fast, dont let go, whatever is left in the palm of your hand after the storm is what you begin restoration with.

dear one, look at yourself. you poor niave little thing.
that twinkle in his eye? is malicious intent.

its all going to come crashing down on you little thing,. you will drown, it will hurt. it will hurt so badly, and you wont even know exactly who it is staring back at you in the mirror anymore.

I call you a fool, an idiot, a small thing.
Just a little girl, all wrapped up in the idea of being loved, that she didnt notice it was all just a big idea.
an idea far too big for her.

I still call you stupid, I still wish, i could have been there to wrap my hands around your throat, and shake some sense into you. He doesnt love you. He loves whats under your pretty red dress. He loves that hes convinced you he is the only one you need to impress and impress and impress.

I still call you naive. But i mourn you just the same. As if i lost you to a car wreck or a plane crash, or a natural disaster. I lay flowers at the thought of you, and gaze upon your grave. I feel the loss of you.

It should have been gentle and sweet, like baby teeth fall out on their own but you were stolen from me. Far too quickly, far too soon. I am so sorry for that. i am so sorry.

All i can give you now is this. I work everyday for the perfection we were robbed of. He took a lot from us, but we recovered, and re built almost from scratch. Im proud.

It will hurt, little thing. But it will soon stop hurting, you will soon recognize your reflection and oh god you will love her too. you will overcome, you will become someone admirable, someone graceful, someone strong, someone elegant, someone worth loving.

I look around me and this is happy, this is content, this is better than you ever thought it would get.

I am stronger now for you.

little thing, we are big now.