Petrichor II

I let the rain take off my makeup, and fall in love with the feel of droplets on my cheeks.
I settle myself into another day of missing you.
I watch the wind harshly toss flower petals across the streets, like a desperate artist trying to capture the image so perfectly in mind.
My love don't be ridiculous, think! I am not worth giving in.
And I have witnessed... Smiles that dare not touch eyes, because of all eyes know and all the innocence of a smile is afraid.
And I have witnessed... A look I never dreamed I would be recipient to, One like I was the one most beautiful creature to grace the earth even though I knew otherwise.
Lately I find it easier and easier to fall into sleep, because I am so tired.
Tired of losing tired of being the carpet beneath walking feet and tired of falling. And having to catch myself.
Right before drowing. And trying not to drown myself.
I know now there are arms like yours, to hold arms like mine, steady.
A heart like yours, to love a heart like mine. Somehow.
I find peace in your heartbeat, the way I fall asleep to the rain, and find peace in the petrichor.
I find you in my lungs still desprate to breathe, still desprate to try.
I find something.
Someone.
To never say goodbye to. Only say I love you.