Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

"Ow! Jeez.." You heard him say from outside the bathroom. 

You sighed and hopped into the shower.

In the end, you got too distracted to think about anything involving Cameron. You decided that you should eat after blow drying your hair, and call Roy to see if anything else had happened. 

Getting dressed, you looked at your clothes. 

What.. did he see..?

You face turned as red as a tomato, and you covered it with your hands. 

Calm down.. maybe he didn't see anything.. 

You put on (outfit of choice), blow dried your hair, and got the courage to step outside. The boys must have been in the other room, because they weren't in the front room when you walked out. You decided to go in the kitchen and eat breakfast. Lately, you've been eating a lot of home-cooked breakfast's. You could really go for some cereal right about now. 

Trying to be quiet, you opened the pantry and got out your favorite box of cereal, and poured it into your bowl. But, as soon as you did, it turned to dust.

"What?! Has it really been that long since I've ate cereal?" 

Crap! You didn't wanna make any noise. Even seeing Ed's face would make you start to blush. Maybe if you just didn't think about it. Or maybe he wouldn't even come to see what you were talking about.

"Oh, maybe it has been a while." A voice from behind you said, making the hairs raise on your arms.

"Ahhh-! Oh, uh yeah! Here, go throw it away." You practically shoved the box of cereal in his arms and pushed him away. Calming yourself down, you focused to not think about it. 

Maybe some yogurt?

Opening the fridge, there was no yogurt to be found. Now that you thought about it, you were running low on groceries anyways.

"I'm gonna go to the store. I'll be back in a little bit. If Mustang calls and its urgent, then just come find me!" You yelled on your way out the door.

The grocery store wasn't too crowded today. Very few people, and most of them were elders. And somehow, they all recognized you, and thanked you for your service. It was all really sudden and made you think more about yourself.

After grabbing the last thing you needed, you headed for the cash register.

But, you couldn't help but notice a man walking through the door. He kept pushing up his glasses in a weird manner and went to go speak to a cashier. Curious, you decided to go closer to hear their conversation.

"Aldaine is here. Come to headquarters tonight for the meeting. He has important news."

Your heart stopped as soon as you heard that name. Frozen, your thoughts began to race.

What should I do? Should I follow him? Or call the military? Or even take him into custody myself?

But before you could do anything, the man left out the door. Leaving your groceries, you ran out the door. He was a little ahead, but he was still in sight.

"Hey! Wait!"

But in an instant, he disappeared into the thick crowd of people.

Dangit! 

You quickly walked back into the store and went up to the cashier.

"Excuse me, but who was that man you were just speaking with?" 

He looked up, puzzled of why you were asking him. "Just telling me about a meeting. It doesn't concern you, so please leave me to my work."

"Don't give me that crap!" You exclaimed, angrily, grabbing him by his shirt collar. By now, everyone was looking.

He looked nervous. "Look, it was nothing much, don't cause a scene!"

Gritting your teeth, you pulled out your watch. "I don't care. Tell me everything! Where is your meeting taking place tonight? What is it about?!" 

You noticed how loud you were yelling. Although there weren't a lot of people in the store, a lot more came in due to the commotion. Were you overreacting? No. This was a serious matter.

As you were waiting for his response, you got very impatient, and got distracted on what everyone else was thinking and doing. Including your surroundings, it didn't take long for you to realize that your vision had gone blurry for a split second and you fell to the ground. 

The man had hit you in a pressure point on your neck, paralyzing you for a split second, while he escaped.

You quickly got up and ran after him. "Hey! Get back here!" You quickly transmuted a spear from the ground and ran as fast as you could, this time not letting your target out of sight. The people behind you were making a ruckus.

"I'll call the military! She needs backup!" You heard voices from behind you, which halfway distracted you, but you pushed them aside. As soon as you caught up with him, you warned him to stop or else.

But, he suddenly created a wall with alchemy that split the two of you apart. Breaking it with your own, you were able to corner him in a long alley with no exit he had accidentally ran into.

"Stop running! You can't anymore! Just answer my questions!"

The man looked terrified. 

"I'm not going to hurt you. I just need my questions answered. Please answer me."

Even after you said that, he looked so scared he could have a heart attack. But why?

Suddenly, you realized it would be best to turn around.