Appetite For Destruction

*Daniel's P.O.V*

      I looked over to my wife, the sun was gleaming down on us and I could see her beautiful smile. From the left my daughter, she came to me to hug me. She had the most adorable laugh I ever heard. I could see it all, my wife and daughter. Glimpses of their smiles, I could hear their laugh.

Then I felt something grab me.

•••

       I woke up and felt like someone was holding me. I looked over to my side, but I could barely see. I was so tired I felt like I was going to fall asleep all over again. I realize, there's shattered glassed surrounding me. I can hear whispers from people, but they're not from our group. I looked up towards the person holding me, who are they?

       I tried to go free, but they tightened their grip on me. I kept trying and trying to go free, but finally they punched me so hard I could hear a sharp noise ringing in my ear.

I realized, one minute I was on the ground, the next I wasn't.

•••

*Eliana's P.O.V*

        I woke up surrounded by books, and I remembered I was in the library. I looked over to where Daniel and William were, and I felt fear run through my body. At the top of the library, the windows were shattered and there were, people holding onto them.

        Daniel, William, Halie, Robert, and Kyle. I wanted to say something, but I couldn't risk them finding me or anyone else. It was like even though I was able to breath, I felt like all the air had left my lungs. I can't lose Daniel, not my brother. But I know he'd want me safe, along with the rest of us. What do I do?

     I slowly picked myself up from the pile of books I was underneath, hoping they wouldn't fall and make a sound. After getting up I could feel my heart race, there was nothing I could do. I closed my eyes, hoping it was just a dream. Hoping somehow that they could escape from that moment, hoping they're safe.

   But this wasn't a dream. Hope does not exist here.