We need a plan - part six

hola
Seems like I'm back

The winter break came and with it some free time for both Leo and Cris.

Since their dinner in Madrid a couple of weeks before, they hadn't got any chance to see each others. They talked on the phone, of course, but they carefully avoided talking about the almost-kiss-they -had-almost-shared.

- so man, last practice of the year, which are your plans for the holidays? - asked Sergio to Cris while drying his hair with a towel.
Fun fact about Sese: he cared about his hair as much as Cris or Marcelo did. They spent almost one hour a day to take care of them after shower.

- I don't know. I haven't got much time to plan something - Cristiano answered putting on his earrings.
Truth was that he planned to spend three days of the two weeks break given with Leo.

- And what about Leo - kept going the Captain smirking

- Uhm... i don't know? For much I know he'll spend the holidays in Rosario...? - tried the Portuguese but the Andalusian hasn't finished yet with him.
He knew anything.

- Oh really? A little birdie had told me that Leo wouldn't be in Rosario before the 29th of December -

- And that little birdie was... -

- Piquè obviously - answered Sergio with an I-know-everything-bro expression.

Cris was a little confused, since when the two of them talk and text each other's? Last time they kind of "interacted" started a WW3.

- okay okay I'm not going to ask anything about the trip Zizou is making you take to Barcelona, yes I know about that cause I'm super smart, just remember the club dinner on January 3rd - said the Captain before packing everything up ready to leave for a while the pitch already excited to spend some time with his family.
- Oh and say hi to Leo for me - added the Andalusian exiting the locker room just a second before Cristiano-I-am-a-sniper-Ronaldo threw his shower slides to the head of the man growling.

- Leeeeeeeeeo, Leooooooooo, Leo Messiiiii -

- DIOS MIOS GERI STOP IT! WHAT DO YOU WANT! - shouted the Argentinian from under the shower.

Practice was finally over (don't take it the wrong way, he loved every second spent on the pitch, the grass under the football boots,... but he was tired. A lot)

- Your phone is ringing! - shouted back Piquè giggling.

Leo froze.

"Oh God please no"

- the caller ID is Cr... - started the Barça defender but was suddenly cutter of by Leo whom smacked the wet towel on the man's butt.

- What the fuck man! -

- Gimme my phone or I'll do it again - warned the Spaniard Leo. Piquè shook his head no knowing that the Argentinian would not do that again but...

- Ops, I did it again - smiled devilishly the little striker.

The rest of the Barça team was long gone, already at home with their families, and Leo thought that Geri had been too but unfortunately... nope.

- ehi Britney Spears, I saw it was Ronaldo- said the number Three suddenly serious

- want to tell me something? -

and Leo couldn't hold back a single word, he told him everything.

2 lost calls from Cris

From: Cris
"Ehi Lio, is Cris here, is everything okay? I called you twice and you didn't pickup, I'm a little... worried? Pls call me as soon as you can"

From: Cris
"Lionel..."

Oh shit.

Sat in his car, head on the wheel, Leo called Cris feeling a little guilty but, most of all, tired. The conversation with Geri dried him out.
Not even two rings and the man at the other end picked up with a
- Leo what happened? Are you okay? Where are you? Leo what... -

- Cris - whispered the Argentinian

- Yess, yess Lio what's wrong? - answered the Madridista dead worried

- I was talking to Gerard and... I'm sorry I did not picked up - admitted Messi starting the car engine and exiting the parking lot.

- Oh God, I think I've lost ten years of life. I came this close to a heart attack - said relieved Cris and Leo felt a little smile growing on his lips.

- So, everything's ready? - asked the Argentinian striker already looking forward to the next day's morning.

- Of course yes, everything's packed - laughed Cristiano

- Is it not strange how Zidane almost bagged you to spend a week here? - thought loudly Leo stopping at a red light.

- Yeah, a little bit, like Gareth or Sese couldn't have done the ad themselves - answered CR - but I don't care, that means that we can catch up -

- I could start to like him some how - joked the Argentinian laughing.

- You know, I caught Juni talking with my mum, he was all "why dad is acting like that? I don't get it why he's so excited for a trip to Barcelona? Adults are strange" - Cris mocked his son making Leo laugh.

- So you're excited to come ah? -

- Of course yes nene -

"Luis, is Zidane here, I sent Cristiano to Barcelona for a campaign. I think Lionel has already been informed of that"