Chapter 2

"They look nice," Cas said, referring to the young boys in the picture.

"Depends on how you look at it. Do you have siblings?" Dean asked.

"Yeah, five..." Cas thought it was better, not to mention that Gabe was his brother. He finished unpacking his things and sat down at his bed.

"Don't you have anything with you? No pictures, posters or anything?" Dean wondered.

Cas shook his head. "No, I don't have any of these."

"Okay... Where are you from?"

"Illinois. But we just moved to a city around here."

"What about your name? Never heard that before."

"I have the name of an angel, just like all of my brothers. I'm not sure why."

Dean only nodded, he didn't know what to respond to this.

"And where are you from?" Cas asked eventually.

"Lawrence."

For a while they stayed silent and minded their own business, but eventually Dean put away his phone and looked at Cas.

He was laying on his stomach on the bed reading a book.

"Okay, listen Cas."

"Wait a second," Cas murmured, "I'll just finish the page."

'What a nerd,' Dean thought but he smirked.

Somehow, Cas reminded him of Sam, with him being so silent and a book nerd. He slightly shook his head but waited till Cas had closed the book and looked at him.

"Listen, it's not late, I don't have any homework and we have a club around here. I'll show you the grounds and then we go and get a drink there."

"You mean alcohol? I don't know, Dean..."

"It doesn't have to be alcohol, there is barely some. But I don't like sitting around doing nothing. So, come on." Dean got up, took on his leather jacket and waited for Cas to move. "What's wrong?"

"I... Nothing. Let's go," Cas stood up and followed Dean. He actually didn't want to go outside, he wanted to go on reading. But he didn't want to be marked as an outsider either.

Together, they walked outside and onto the yard. "So, that's our house, you know. There are three others of this type, each with four floors, four supervisors and 32 students. And that big thing over there is the school. Come along, I'm showing you the sports ground."

Cas nodded and looked around while following Dean around the school.

There was a basketball basket at the sports ground, a sandpit and two goals. Some of the younger students were playing football there.

"Hey Dean!" one of them called and ran over to them. He had brown hair, which almost grew over his ears, and looked a bit like Dean.

"Heya Sammy," the older one said.

'Sammy' looked at Cas and nodded, "I'm Sam."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Castiel," Cas answered.

Sam looked at Dean with confusion, who just shrugged it off: "I'll tell you later. Cas is my new roommate."

"Nice."

"Sam, come back! We need you!" somebody called.

"I'm sorry, I have to go now," he said and ran back on the field.

"How old is Sam?" Cas asked.

"14. It's his first year here," Dean answered and started walking again, "He can be annoying but I love him, somehow."

Cas hurried to catch up to him. "How old are you?"

"18."

"Just like me."

"So, last year for you as well then," Dean remarked. Cas nodded, even though it wasn't a question.

"Dean, where are we going?"

"I told you before. You see this house over there?"

"Which one?"

"The smaller one. There are some rooms in there: the big hall where we get food, a kitchen, the library, and, in the basement, our club. We have a TV there, some couches, kind of a bar, something like that. Just a place to relax."

"Oh, cool."

Dean nodded, it was his favourite spot. He could hide there every time he was in trouble, which have been a lot of times in the last three years.

He opened the door and stepped into a corridor. To Cas' surprise he already took the first door on the left and walked down some stairs into the basement, where they had a bar and some tables since five years now.

"Deano," Benny grinned, who, as always, played the bar keeper. Benny practically lived in this basement.

"Hey Benny," Dean sat down on one of the bar stools.

"The usual?"

Dean nodded and turned around: "Come on, Cas. He won't bite. Sit down and have a drink."

Until now, Cas had just been staying on the stairs and looking around in the barely lightened room. Now he slowly crossed it and sat down next to Dean.

"What do you wanna drink?" Benny asked, while he put a sip of rum into Dean's coke.

"I don't know..."

"Give him the same. Just non-alcoholic, I don't know how much he can stand."

"You're drinking alcohol?!"

"Not much. Look, it's a big glass with just a tiny bit of rum."

Cas didn't say anything, he just stared at his own glass.

"Had a nice holiday, Dean?"

"I have two little brothers, one half as old as the other one. I had to share a room with them for three weeks. And you are really asking me if it was nice?"

"Oh, I'm sorry you drama-queen," Benny grinned. Dean took a sip of his drink and grinned back. "And how about you...?" Benny seemed to think of Cas' name and looked at him.

"My name is Castiel. I have five brothers but we don't go on holiday anymore," he took a sip as well.

"Boys, you look awful. Worse than in these romantic movies, where some men get left and go into a bar to get drunk," Benny laughed.

"Sometimes I feel like this," Dean admitted and laughed, "but therefore, we have barkeepers. They listen to our problems. Also, in a perfect world, you would be blond and you would have boobs."

"Stop. I don't want to know about your fantasies, Deano..."