Plus, she was just the kind of nice girl who traded numbers with anyone.

Lauren grabbed her phone, typing out a quick text to Dinah.

Lauren:
Need Cabello' #. You have?

Dinah:
Good girl. Here ...(Just imagine random number)

Lauren scowled at the message, but saved the number into her contacts. She really wished she wasn't so completely predictable to her friends.

Lauren curled up under her blanket, staring down at her phone contemplatively. She knew she should call and just say what she had to say, but instead she typed out a text, gnawing at her lip as she searched for the right words.

Lauren:
Hey, it's Lauren. Jauregui. From the band? Can we talk? About non band stuff?

It wasn't eloquent, but it was the best she could do.

Her phone was silent for what felt like an eternity, and Lauren sighed, sure Camila was still ignoring her.

She could be fired by Monday, at this rate. She slumped back into pillows, fuzzily trying to focus on the movie playing on TV.

After about thirty minutes, her phone chirped.

Camila:
Sorry, in the studio. What do you want to talk about?

Lauren frowned. She wasn't exactly Miss Manners, but she figured she shouldn't do this over text.

Lauren:
You free for coffee or something?

Camila:
In the studio all weekend. But maybe break tomorrow?

Lauren knew it was partially her fault Camila was stuck recording all weekend, since she had missed out on their Friday afternoon session.

Lauren:
Sure. Place next 2 studio?

Camila:
5?

Lauren:
See you then.

Lauren was going to fix things. Somehow.

____________________________

Camila was already in the café when Lauren walked through the door, seated at the backmost table. Lauren realized with a start that the girl was incognito, worried about being spotted by fans and harassed.

It was a completely insane thought, honestly.

She gave a little half wave as Camila looked up, spotting her in the doorway. She made her way to the counter first, steeling herself as she ordered a coffee.

She could feel Camila's eyes on her as she wove her way through the crowded tables to the back of the café, steaming hot coffee in hand. "Hi."

At her words, Camila dropped her gaze to her own cup. "Hey."

Lauren sighed, dropping into the seat across from the girl. She looked different, older maybe but it highlighted how unnaturally big the kid's eyes were, round and wide set. It was those eyes, more than anything else, that made her look like a little kid. Or a kitten. She did this slow blink, sometimes, letting her lashes sweep against her cheeks before peering up at whoever she was speaking to, slow and sleepy and doe-like.

"Thanks for meeting me" Lauren said, feeling awkward. It had the makings of a first date, all aborted glances and unsure words. She had been spending every day with this girl for two weeks, she should be more confident in her presence. "How, um, is the studio?"