Chapter Sixteen

Niall woke up with that feeling in his stomach that he hated. His skin was itching, and his hands were twitching for a blade. He had opened his eyes after almost successfully controlling the urge and realized that he and Zayn had fallen asleep outside the back of the house. He wondered why he was so warm and then felt the blankets around them. He knew that Zayn wouldn't be getting up any time soon, so he picked him up, tucked in the blankets, and carried him inside. His stubble was tickling Niall's neck as Zayn cuddled into him, which made the Irish lad chuckle. He walked by the kitchen and up the stairs to Zayn's room. Thankfully, his door was open so he placed him on his bed. Then he walked out quietly, and softly shut the door. He walked downstairs only to find Liam passed out on the couch, and groaned at the thought of carrying him up the stairs.

"Why would you do that to me?"

Niall jumped when he realized that Liam's still body was actually awake and sitting up.

"What did I do?" Niall asked in surprise and curiosity.

"You know what you did! You cheated on me with Zayn! How could you, he's engaged too! Why would he ever want you!"

Tears prickled in Niall's eyes at the sound of accusation and hatred in his boyfriend's words. Niall felt the urge coming back, stronger then before, and made a dash up to his room. Once he locked his door he started sobbing and searching for his hidden blade that he hadn't been using in so long. Once he finally found it, he rolled up his sleeve and pressed the cold metal to his arm. He focused on making the lines as straight as possible but quickly lost focus. He was to caught up in the bliss and sting of it all. His sobbing quieted, only before he looked at his arm and realized that in his trance like state, he wrote Liam's name into his wrist. He walked over to his bed and took out his phone. He opened his twitter app and starting looking through his new feed, when he got distracted by Liam's recent tweet.

"Sucks when you put your faith in the wrong people."

Wow, Niall thought, he wrote something without any spelling mistakes. He chuckled to himself and decided to write his own tweet.

"Sucks when you're accused of something you didn't do."

Niall logged off twitter and went to his contacts. He scrolled through and looked for someone that would want to get drunk with him. At that moment his ring tone went off, and Drunk by Ed Sheeran filled the room. He checked to see who it was, as sure enough, it was Ed asking him if he wanted to go to a pub. He quickly typed back a reply and got dressed, hiding his slightly bleeding cuts. He walked down the stairs and walked past Louis and Harry who were yet arguing on the couch, and walked out to Ed's car, after remembering to bring Zayn's skateboard back up to his room.