Queens

Percy's POV

"So, what did the crazy lady tell you?" Tony enters the room after I called to them. 

"I'd be careful what you say, Man of Iron." Thor warns leading Loki and Bruce in. Clint and Natasha are nowhere to be seen. "Lady Aphrodite is very defensive and will punish anyone who says ill about her." 

"Trust me, you don't want to be on the receiving end of it." I mutter. 

"Fine, I won't call her names." Tony sighs in defeat. 

"Good call, Tony." Steve's voice comes from the kitchen. 

Tony jumps, clearly startled, "Where did you come from?" 

"I came in before you, didn't you see me?" Steve plays it off, but I think he never left. 

"Mortals, I believe there are more important matters at hand. What did Lady Aphrodite say?" Loki brushes past them and approaches me. 

So I fill them in, even though Clint and Natasha are gone. Someone else will tell them for me. We have a lot to do. We have the bare bones of our enemy. 

"I have never heard of this god." Loki says once I finish filling them in. "There was no mention of him in the books." 

"Aphrodite mentioned his name being confused by another god. It might be Mors, the Roman aspect of Thanatos." I think aloud, this was one of the things she taught me. 

"I have no clue." Tony admits, "But that means one thing, to the lab!" 

~^~

It has been days since we were all together. 

We thought the war was just beginning but in reality, Morr has been attacking all along. 

Only Peter and I are left. 

"Percy. Snap out of it. We will get them back." Peter taps my face. I just blink at him. 

"It's not your fault dude! But it will be if you do nothing about it! Just get your sorry butt off my bed and let's go!" With that, he pushes me off and I fall. 

I catch myself just in time and stand up. We are in his apartment in Queens, Aunt May thinks we are doing a school project. 

"Seriously?" I ask. 

"You weren't responding. Morr expects us to be in Times Square in an hour and we don't have a plan." 

"I do have a plan." I retort. 

"Well can you tell me?" 

I don't have a plan. So I don't respond. 

"So... you don't have one. Great. I thought you of all the Avengers would have one." That hurt.

"Every war I have fought, I have had my friends at my side. I don't know what to do." The truth is, last war I fought, last plan I made, everyone died. 

I sink back onto the bed and bury my face in my hands. 

The bed dips next to me and Peter's arm is placed over my shoulders. 

"Percy, I'm sorry. I am so scared right now. I haven't fought anything like this. I just assumed you knew everything with stuff like this. I didn't think you might be as scared as I am." 

And we just sit. Burning precious time. 

After a few minutes of silence, Peter speaks, "What does this god even want? Why does he want you?"