News

* Emma's POV*

"Emma!" Killian called from the back room. "Can you come get Sophia?"

"Sophie, honey," I called back for her, going to the doorway to see her only inches from Killian while he stocked bottles. "Baby, you know it's not safe back here, especially when daddy's putting stuff away. Come out and help mommy, okay?"

"Otay," she agreed easily, hugging Killian's leg before skipping back out to the dining room.

"Thanks, love," Killian sighed, shaking his head. "I know she likes to help, but this room just isn't safe for her. I drop things all the time, and I couldn't live with myself if she got hurt."

"I know," I half smiled, going over to kiss his cheek and making him smile. "Hurry up, we're about to open."

"Mommy!" Sofia called for me and I sighed, going out to see her half hidden behind the counter looking terrified. "Lady look for you."

"Who did, baby?" I asked kneeling down to her level and putting my hand on her back to comfort her. She pointed and my throat tightened when I looked over to where Milah and Neal were at the back booth. "Princess, why don't you go see Uncle Liam in his office, okay?"

"Mommy-"

"Now, Sofia," I stopped her a bit too harshly, kissing her forehead. "Mommy will come get you in a little while, I promise."

"Otay," she said quietly, hugging me tightly around my neck before all but running to Liam's half open door and closing it behind her. I took a breath, going over to the table.

"What do you think you're doing here?" I asked them, crossing my arms over my chest. "Aren't you both supposed to be in jail?"

"Out on good behavior," Milah told me snidly, her eyes focused on something behind me. "She grew up as pretty I thought she would."

"Don't even look at her," I snapped, moving between her and the door where I knew my horribly curious daughter would be lurking. "If you're going to insist on being here, you're not going anywhere near her. You're going to sit here, and keep your mouths shut, understood?"

"Motherhood suits you," Neal said, looking at me the way he used to. I shifted uncomfortably, the look in his eyes making my skin crawl.

"Just leave her alone," I told him flatly, walking over to Liam's office and picking up Sophia from her hiding place next to the door. "What did mommy tell you about spying?"

"Sowwy, mommy," she answered sheepishly, settling easily on my hip with her arms around my neck as I went to the back room.

"Killian," I trued to get his attention but he just hummed in response. "Killian, I know you're busy, but I need your full attention right now."

"Hmm?" He looked up, concern filling his face when he saw the look on mine. "Swan, what's wrong?"

"Sophie's staying here tonight," I told him, still a bit shaky as I stroked her hair lightly. We were trying to break her habit of sucking her thumb, but right now I didn't care. "I know you don't think she should be here that late, but I don't want her out of our sight."

"Love, whatever you think is best, I trust," he assured me, coming closer to put his hand on my cheek for comfort. "I'm more interested in what has you looking whiter than a fresh sail. What happened?"

"Our past came back to haunt us," I answered quietly, watching fury grow on his face when he looked through the window behind me. "It figures that they'd show up now, but they've already seen Sophia and if I let her out of my sight I'm just going to worry about her all night."

"Shh, it's alright," he soothed me, bringing me closer to hold us both. "Of course she'll stay here tonight, I wouldn't have it any other way." He pulled away to look at her as she lay on my chest. "Can you stay behind the counter with us tonight, princess?"

"Yes, daddy," she promised, her usually cheerful voice quiet and fearful. "I be good girl."

"Good," he smiled, making her lips turn up as well when he kissed her cheek.

He kissed my lips lightly, the simple touch reassuring me before we went out to work. Usually she wasn't allowed to sit on the counter, but today we wanted her close so she sat on the back counter behind us. Once she settled she was perfectly content with her coloring books, but then came bed time.

"Momma," I heard her whine and turned just in time to see her yawn like she hadn't slept in days. "I go nuh night?"

"I got it," Liam answered before I could, bringing out her nap stuff and getting her settled on the small cot behind us. "Not the best accommodations for the princess, but for a couple hours I think she'll be okay."

"Fank you," she said around her thumb, closing her eyes with a sigh as I tucked her in. "Nigh night, momma."

"Sweet dreams, beautiful," I smiled, kissing her forehead. She was so used to the sounds of the bar she quickly fell asleep, snoring lightly before I even stood up.

"She alright?" Killian asked when he came back from a table, worry all over his face. "I hate that she can't be at home in her bed."

"I know," I sighed as I stood, his arm immediately snaking around my waist. "But it's a quiet night, and she's used to it here."

"Aye, that's true," he agreed, his eyes  moving from her to me. "Now about what you said earlier. What did you mean by it figures they'd show up now? What's now?"

"I... I wanted to tell you better," I sighed with a small smile. "Though I'll admit it's better than last time when I just ran, so..."

"When you ran?" He asked and I could practically hear the wheels turning in his head until shock covered his face. "Wait, are you saying...?"

"I'm pregnant," I confirmed, giggling when he quickly grabbed me into a tight hug. He pulled away and started stuttering out half questions but I stopped him. "You remember that night a couple of months ago? When we stayed here late? I found out a couple of days ago, but I wanted to find a way to tell you."

"That's so bloody wonderful," he said tearfully, hugging me again so tightly I could barely breathe. When he pulled away again he instantly covered my lips with his, making me giggle again into our kiss.

You guys still seemed to be interested in this story, so I thought I'd update again. If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them, otherwise this may just end up their simple little life. Anyway, later, loves