18 Weeks

*Emma's POV*

"Okay, that's it," I said as I turned off the truck after we parked at the doctor's office and turned to face Killian. "What's going on with you? You've been acting strange all week. you were fine at the bar, and then suddenly you weren't. You went back to being practically afraid to touch me and you won't talk to me about anything."

"I don't know what you're talking about," he said defensively, refusing to look at me. "I'm totally fine. Let's just go."

"No," I grabbed his hand when he went to get out but he yanked away from me like I'd burned him and I had to hold back tears though my voice gave me away. "Look, I get that I literally get less attractive every day as this baby gets bigger but I can't do anything about that, so please just at least talk to me. You said you wanted to be in this, so either be in it or tell me so I can move on and do it myself."

"Oh, Emma, no," He said, scooting closer to me and pulling me into his lap to hold me close. "I never meant to make you feel like that, you're so beautiful it hurts sometimes. I'm still in this I promise you."

"Then what is it?" I sniffled, hating myself for being so weak as I looked up at him. "What happened that made you change so much out of nowhere?"

"Someone stopped by the bar," he sighed, shaking his head. "It just threw me off and I guess it's been getting to me. I'm so sorry, I didn't realize I was hurting you."

"Who was it?" I asked, relaxing when he let me wrap my arms around him and kissed my forehead lightly. "You didn't seem phased when Milah was there, and Neal is still locked up for the time being so who could bother you that much?"

"I don't want you to worry about that," he said and brushed my hair out of my face with a small smile. "Let's just go see about getting you off of bedrest so we can go home and I can stop neglecting my Swan and her needs."

"Kay," I smiled a bit as he wiped my stray tears and kissed me softly, too relieved to have him back to press the subject. He insisted on carrying me inside still, holding me in his lap until they called my name and setting me gently on the exam table. "You know, I think you just like having an excuse to carry me around sometimes."

"Perhaps," he smirked, kissing me again lightly and stroking my hair gently with his other hand on my belly with mine as the nurse set up the ultrasound. "So I enjoy having you close, what's so wrong with that?"

"Well, hello there," my doctor greeted us before I could answer, looking at Killian with surprise. "And who might you be?"

"Oh, he's the father," I answered for him proudly, taking his hand and squeezing it gently. "I know I'm usually here alone, but that's, uhm, not how it's going to be anymore."

"Well then, I'm glad to hear you finally told him," she smiled a bit and shook his hand before he took mine again. "It's very nice to meet you..."

"Oh, Killian," he smiled awkwardly, running his thumb along the back of my hand. "Killian Jones."

"Dr. Hill," she said as she sat down and took out the familiar blue goo, giving me a chill when she applied it to my bare abdomen. "Now, shall we see your baby?"

"Yes, please," I smiled as I nodded and she began. "Do you think we'll be able to tell the sex yet?"

"It's possible," she nodded, focusing on the screen. "The bruising I saw a note about in your chart seems to be gone, so I can probably take you off bedrest if you give me your word that you'll be careful. No more fights."

"Oh, she will be," Killian said before I could say a word, giving me a look telling me not to argue and I pouted a bit. "I'll make sure of it whether she likes it or not."

"Alright," she chuckled at us, shaking her head and looking back at the screen. "Well, your baby is about the size of a sweet potato now... and I'm getting a good look if you want to know the sex."

"Ah, he can't," I was the one to cut him off this time, giggling at his look of disappointment. "Its going to be a surprise at the baby shower on Sunday, so I need to know, but this guy has to wait."

"Okay," she laughed again. "Well, does he know what you thought it was?"

"No, but is it?" I asked, getting far too excited as she gave me a look that told me I was correct. "Oh my god, I knew it! I knew it! I can't wait to see Mary Margaret's face when I tell her she's wrong!"

"Oh come on, Swan," Killian begged me, a pitiful look on his face. "Its my child too, I deserve to know."

"And you will," I assured him, reaching up to brush his cheek and feeling him lean into my touch. "You just need to wait for Sunday like everyone else. It's not like I'm making you wait until it's born."

"You live to torture me," he sighed, holding my hand to his cheek and resting his forehead on mine. "Fine, but I can't promise that I won't ask again."

"I know," I smiled. "But for now, let's go to work."

"Fine," he pouted, helping me sit up gently. "But you're taking it easy. You're staying behind the bar and sitting whenever you're not busy, no arguments."

"Over protective much," I sighed, shaking my head at him and linking my arm through his with my hand still in his and my chin on his shoulder as we walked out of the office. "You'll be fine for two days, I promise. Just pretend I don't know and focus on being far too paranoid about my safety."

"If you say so, baby," he sighed, kissing my forehead and helping me up into the truck.

It felt good to be back at work, moving around and doing something I was good at. Sure, my bump made me a bit more cumbersome, but I didn't mind so much. We added the new sonogram to the line on the wall, prompting quite a few questions and I was actually talking with another woman about the baby shower when a man in a suit walked up to me.

"Excuse me, are you Emma Swan?" He asked and I nodded. "You've just been served. Have a nice day."

"Wait, what?" I asked but he was gone, leaving only a large thick envelope on the counter. I shook my head and opened it, freezing in panic. "Oh my god..."

"What's that, love?" Killian asked as he came over, soon noticing the tears in my eyes and putting his hand on the small of my back. "Swan, what's wrong?"

"Was... was Neal's father here?" I asked him, looking up when he stayed silent and finding guilt in his eyes. "Killian, was he here?"

"Aye," he said quietly. "Why? What is that?"

"He's suing me," I said and swallowed hard, looking back at the papers. "He's saying the baby is Neal's, he's trying to take our baby."

Dun dun DUN! 😈😘😇