Crazy Ideas

*Killian's POV *

After Emma fell asleep that night carefully got up, trying desperately not to wake her. I grabbed my phone and snuck downstairs. Mary Margaret was still up but I'd told her about all this, even if she thought I'd lost my mind. I dialed my brother's number, starting to pace.

"Hello?" Liam answered, sounding busy. My words got stuck in my throat. "Killian? You there?"

"Yeah, uhm, sorry," I cleared my throat nervously, shaking my head at myself. "I was just hoping you could come with me in the morning. I need to get something for Emma, but it has to be a surprise."

"Sure, I'm not busy before work," he agreed but then asked the loaded question. "What is it we're looking for?"

"Oh, uhm," I looked at Mary Margaret and she raised her eyebrows. "I'll tell you in the morning, I'm at Emma's right now."

"Okay," he said, unconcerned. "I'll see you then."

He hung up and I breathed out, ignoring the stares from the kitchen and going back upstairs. Emma was tossing in her sleep, a grimace scrunching her features. I quickly went to her, laying down to wrap my arms around her tightly.

I felt her sigh as she relaxed, her arms sliding around me. I smiled a bit to myself, pulling her flush against me and kissing her forehead. She cuddled into my neck and tangled her legs with mine, letting out a happy sigh as she settled back to sleep.

I woke up early the next morning, hoping I'd be able to do this before work. I hated that I had to wake her, but after everything I knew it'd be worse to wake up alone.

"Emma," I whispered and she groaned, tightening her arms around me. "Swan, I have to go. I have to meet Liam."

"Mmm no," she mumbled, cuddling into me even more as I held her tighter. "You're mine, I wanna keep you all to myself."

"I'm definitely yours," I chuckled, rubbing her back gently. "But unfortunately I still must go."

"Why?" She whined. "Liam needs to find someone else to hang out with in the morning. A girlfriend or something so he can stop stealing my boyfriend."

"I'll let him know," I laughed softly, kissing her forehead before slowing getting up and getting dressed. She groaned, hugging my pillow with her eyes barely open. "You just sleep and I'll see you at work."

"Mhmm," she said skeptically. "You did this last time we stayed here, too."

"I know," I sighed, kneeling by the bed and brushing her hair away from her face. "But I promise it's just a coincidence. We can stay here again tonight and tomorrow we'll get up together, okay?"

"Fine," she sighed. "Can I at least have a kiss goodbye then?"

"Of course," I smiled a bit, leaning forward to press my lips to hers. It was a soft but passionate kiss, making her let out a content sigh that usually meant she had melted into it and I loved that. "Go to sleep, love. By the time you wake you'll have to come to work and I'll be there. Don't forget... I love you."

"If you say so," she sighed and I gave her another sweet kiss. "I love you, too."

I met Liam at the coffee shop, still thinking about her lips. He handed me a cup of coffee then stared at me. I knew he was waiting for an explanation, but I wasn't sure how to start.

"So," I started awkwardly as we got in his car. "Know any good jewelry stores?"

"I guess," he said, his eyebrows pulling together as he started driving. "What is it we're looking for?"