s i x

The rest of Barnes and Max's week consists of them attempting to ignore each others existence, except for the times that Max asks Barnes to read something or help him with his colors.

Max usually has no social life, seeing as he completely despises other people. Along with that, comes hatred for any place that multiple people are at. He tries to avoid those places as much as he can.

However, for Zeke he always makes exceptions.

That exception being the Friday night football games.

Yes, stoner-delinquent-straight C student, and twin brother and best friend of the ultimate fuck up, Maxwell Tucker, is the Davidson High's football team captain.

Yes, Zeke. Zeke is the Captain.

Talk about defying stereotypes.

And for Max, along with that comes the pressure to be the teams equipment manager and water boy and pretty much the coach's assistant in everything that has to do with the team.

Of course, Max loves Zeke more than anything in the world and he knows how much football means to him, so he of course took that position.

However, with his ankle all fucked up and this being the first game of the season, he is really pissed off that he has to lay off on the sidelines, on the grass by coach's little chair and his leg propped up on Harvey's stolen hoodie.

He wants to participate and for once in his life, he wants to not feel completely useless.

The only times he doesn't want to be useless are during the football games.

"You see Max, that right there," Donny, one of the players, points at the edge of the field from his station flopped beside Max. "That, my friend, was some straight up bullshit," he murmurs, as the other team just scored.

Donny had sprained his wrist, so he's Max's company for the game.

Also, Max may or may not have shared some of his painkillers with him before the game.

Then let him wash it down with whiskey.

So they may or may not be high (and partially drunk) as fuck right now.

Oh well. Coach loves his football players, and he has a special place in his heart for Max and Zeke, so Max could so get away with it if Coach found out he got one of his players stoned on painkillers.

Hm.

It's all good.

The only bad thing about the games—other than all the people—is, of course, Barnes.

Barnes is always the problem.

Being head of student council, and class president, he's practically obligated to go to all of the football games.

Max hates it.

The only good thing is that he never sees Lauren at the games, though he guesses that she could be up in the stands with Barnes. He can't see very well up there, with his bullshit eyesight. The only way he knows Barnes is there is because he's seen him in the stands before, and it's practically common knowledge that class president goes to the games. Football is taken pretty fucking seriously there.

Though he can't see Barnes without putting in a serious amount of effort, he knows Barnes can look at him easily whenever he wants.

The thought freaks him out and pisses him off at the same time.

Stupid Barnes.

"Aye! Over here, buddy..."

It is then that Max zones back in and sees Donny waving his hand half-assedly in Max's face.