Chapter 25: Babysitting

Third person

Jackson knew he would have to go to heaven, but he wouldn't be able to take Jared with him. He needed someone to watch him while he went and got Eric. Jackson couldn't trust his demons because they were cannibalistic and didn't know how to care for a baby properly anyway.

He sighed, knowing a person who would be good with watching them. That person was Gabe. Sure, he got on Jackson's nerves, a lot, but he was someone he could actually trust. Plus, he was frequently in hell, delivering the dead and visiting Percy.

Apparently they became an item rather quick. Gabe was spending most of his time in hell now. Jackson knew this and knew that wouldn't be good for his job. If God knew he was in a romantic relationship with one of the tortured souls of hell, it wouldn't be pretty.

First Gabe would get a long and harsh lecture about how he is an angel and he is only supposed to ferry the dead to hell and come straight back. Then God would go on about how homosexuality is a "sin," and that it is a way for Satan to steal your soul so he can torture you later. Finally he would end with threatening to take away his wings and banishing him to the underworld, which is ironic because then he would be with his lover anyway.

God worked in ways that didn't always make sense. If he did banish Gabe to the underworld then he would just be with Percy all the time. There was no true punishment.

Jackson knew just where to find Gabe. The situation wasn't decent, but Jackson didn't care.

"Jackson what the fuck are you doing here?!" Gabe screeched, pulling the covers up over him and Percy.

Jackson didn't care and obviously wasn't phased by this situation.

"I need you to watch my son while I get his mother out of heaven." He explained, not even batting an eye over the fact that he found them in bed together.

"Well we're kind of busy here." Gabe huffed out, being irritated that they were interrupted.

"I don't care Gabe, you can do that any other time. Right now is important and if I do this right it'll be good for both of us." He replied, giving away only a small detail of his plan.

Gabe was now intrigued as well as Percy. He wasn't sure how Jackson getting his lover back would help Gabe, but they were definitely curious.

"Fine, I'll babysit your kid, but only if Percy can come with me." He said, being the only conditions he would work under.

Jackson didn't care and agreed to the bargain, considering two people might be better than one in this situation anyway. After all, this was no ordinary child, this was the anti-christ.

Now Jackson just had to figure out a way to get back to heaven. He couldn't teleport there because he was banished, meaning there would be invisible barriers that would send him back, but there had to be ways for the angels to go back and forth.

Jackson never was sent to hell because of his sadistic nature, but Gabe was. He would know how to get to heaven for sure.

So since Jackson needed help, Gabe showed him where he came into hell. It was a trap door leading to a dark tunnel with a white light at the end. It was a secret connection between hell and heaven.

Now that Jackson had a way to get to heaven, he was finally ready to go. He left to go get his lover, leaving Percy and Gabe to watch Jared.

They gave each other a few glances before looking at Jared, who was sleeping cutely in his crib. He seemed calm enough.

They didn't see much that they had to do but stay and make sure he didn't get into trouble with anything. Other than that he seemed pretty calm.