01

"You're not as bad as everyone say you are," Nerissa says as she walks away from Bigby blowing out cigarette smoke from her mouth. A small smile grows on Bigby's face until a sudden wave of dejavú hits him. He starts putting the pieces together as he watches Nerissa walk away to her new life style. The things she's said we're the same as Faith. Could it be they're the same person? That "Nerissa" put that decapitated head at his front step? Bigby didn't know if to let her go or to chase after her, but as he saw Nerissa disappear he began to feel at ease. The Crooked Man was brought to justice and that's all that really mattered.
        Bigby, after a long time, finally felt relaxed and just wanted to go his room. He breathed in the Manhattan air as he made his way to the Woodlands. Bigby rubbed his stubble as he thought about finally getting a week off. After locking up the Crooked Man and closing the case of Faith he was worn out and tired. The streets of Fable Town were quiet at this time of night making Bigby feel at ease.
        As he began to put out his cigarette Bigby started to sniff the air. He could sense a sweet, familiar sent flowing through the wind. He couldn't pin what it was but it made him feel nostalgic. He sniffed around curiously walking towards the sent. He then sighed and stopped sniffing around. Whatever it was, it wasn't a big deal and it could just be some fable walking around the streets. Bigby passed some alley ways making his way back towards the Woodlands until he spotted something off the corner of his eye. As he stopped in his tracks he turned his head towards the dark alley way. He gave a low grunt as he sniffed the air only to be hit with the same sweet aroma as before. He quietly made his way down the alley way preparing for something to come towards him. He stood in the middle of the alley waiting for an attack, but nothing. Bigby relaxed his body as he noticed nothing around him. He was about to turn around and leave until he caught sight of a foot hiding against the dumpster. Bigby narrowed his eyes and gave a low growl before walking towards the dumpster. As he walked closer he noticed the person was wearing heels. Noticing it was most likely a female who needed help Bigby pushed the dumpster away from the wall and took sight of what was before him. A young woman, early 20's maybe, wearing black heals, a black pencil skirt and white blouse, her hair was pushed all to one side but was messy. Bigby's eyes widen as he stared down at her. He knew every fable in this town, he had to, so who was she? Could she be a mundy? Bigby kneeled down next to the mysterious woman and checked for a sign of life. He pressed his fingers against her neck and felt a soft pulse beat against his rough fingertips. He looked around the alley thinking it could be a trap. As he noticed it was only them two he quickly took her in her arms and carried her to the Woodlands.
        It was late at night and he didn't know who to call or what to do in fact. He made his way down the street to the apartments without being noticed by anyone. He couldn't just leave her alone in the dark alleyway so he decided that taking her to his apartment was the best choice. Bigby walked to his room and set the unfamiliar girl down on his blue chair. He started pacing across the room thinking if he did the right choice. 'What am I an idiot?' He questioned himself thinking that he could've done this a different way. 'I couldn't have called someone for help? But what if she's a mundy? They don't want their type here...' Bigby's mind trailed on and on. He sighed as he took a seat on the table across from his blue seat. 'Even if she's a mundy I need to help her, it's my job. I'll figure it out in the morning,' Bigby thought as he looked at the passed out figure hoping, that by morning, they'd be awake.

(A/N hey guys this is my first fanfic and so I really hope you guys enjoy this c: I'm sorry that this chapter is pretty messy I'm not the best at third person point of view and I really wanted to get to the point, and to all the good stuff. Feedback is always welcomed and I hope you guys enjoy this and I can continue, thank you!)