⊰30⊱

This cover fits very well for where Rose is right now!Thank you for the beautiful cover made by: @loveHeartReaderMake sure to show some love!

Thank you for the beautiful cover made by: @loveHeartReader
Make sure to show some love!

🌹

Late in the afternoon, Keir and I found ourselves walking around the two sister packs' territory. He had explained to me, that normally one pack stays within its own given territory, but as he had mentioned, during this day and age with the vampire rule, their chances of survival were higher if their numbers increased.

They are one of the few packs that have banned together to create this unique union, but at times, there was always a power struggle. Apparently, Keir's status is reflected as the alpha of both packs when it comes to making decisions outside of normal everyday life...as in, if the vampires were ever to find them, he will be the one to make the ultimate choice. The only reason Keir has been placed into this position, he's older and stronger than Marc and for their safety, the packs respect this decision.

"Did you ever treat my mother like that?" I ask as we walk down a dirt pathway that has been made over time from the natural terrain bending to the ones who live here.

He catches on quickly and replies, "The way Marc is trying to claim and put you in your place?"

"Yea..." my voice trails off at the way he says those words. It reminds me of the way Marc said them, making me feel like an object being placed on a shelf, knowing what I am and am not good for. I know he doesn't mean it that way, but I still can't help the way my hands clench into fists.

Keir chuckles and stops his long strides, bringing us closer to a small lake a half a mile away from the pack houses. I stop and turn to him, furrowing my brows at his reaction to my comment. His eyes light up and he shakes his head before informing me, "Oh Rose, your mother was a lot like you. There was no sense in reprimanding her for showing strength and courage, especially as the world started to change before we even knew it. She was my equal and I acknowledge her as such, but she knew when to back down and allow me to make the verbal decisions for the pack," he pauses as we draw closer to the dirt path that circles around the lake, "but I valued her opinion and consulted with her before most decisions were made."

I sigh, "Then why is Marc such an...asshole?"

There is a small portion of the lake that has a run off into a smaller pool, my eyes falling on the crystal clear surface. At the far end stands a willow tree, the leaves weeping into the water and casting a small shadowy grove.

"He's young," Keir starts off while he bends his knees and sits back onto the small patch of green grass growing near the pathway. When I keep my eyes on the willow tree, he continues, "To him, he wants to show the pack that he's found not only his mate, but the luna who will stand beside of him and others will look up to for guidance as well. In his eyes, proving his dominance is the only way he knows how. By showing too them that you submit to him, it's very unlikely anyone would doubt his lead over them."