The Baby - I'll Never Hurt You

Bruce sat in front of the Tv, but he wasn't paying attention to what was showing.  He was wondering what was it Lisette wanted to talk to him about.  He got kind of worried, "Maybe they send me away.  Lisette doesn't look that afraid of me.  But Theresa, she's another story, she is terrified of me.  I'm only four and I feel so lost, not knowing what to do." he told himself as he stared at the television set, in a daze.  Lisette continued to clean up the kitchen.  When she was done she grabbed her coffee, then headed to the living room.  She first took a look out the window.  Then she fixed the curtains make sure no one can see inside.  Then she went and sat right down next to Bruce.

Bruce didn't notice.  Lisette caught him by surprise, not realizing it was her, Bruce fangs and claws were out ready to attack.   "Hey, hey chill, it's only me.", she said as she patted him on the shoulder.  Bruce calmed down, his face quickly went back to normal.   "Sorry.  You shouldn't sneak up on people, you can get hurt that way." he explained   "I thought you said you'll never hurt us?" she said as he removes her hand from his back.  "I will never hurt you, but the beast that takes over my body, might not care.  That is why you never should sneak up on me  I'm sorry for that, "said Bruce with a big smile.  "It's alright, just don't do that again," she said as she sat down on the sofa.  "Bruce, come to sit next to me," she said 

Bruce sat down next to her, "Mom, now what's up?'he asked her   "I'm going to ask you a couple of question.  I want you to answer them truly. Do you understand me?" she asked  "Of course, I understand.  Ask away." he said  "Are we in danger? that's one,  Do we need to protect ourselves, that's two and last in for all, Are vampires and werewolves after us?" she asked with a very worried expression on her face.  "Well one, we may be in danger, two Yes we need to protect ourselves, and three, only the vampires want to hurt me, not you," he explained.  "So there's really creatures of the night, traveling in the dark, waiting to hunt us.  Why?" she asked still with a frightened look.   "Yes, there are creatures of the night, If you want to put it that way.  Mom, I'm not a creature, I'm a person." said the four-year-old looking Bruce.  

"Bruce I'm sorry, I'm didn't mean you are a creature. It was just a figure of speech that's all it was.  Look come with me, I need to show you something." she said as she went to the closet and took out some bags.   "Look, I went and bought all these things.  I was hoping that it might keep us a little bit safer," she explained as she removed the bags from the closet.  Bruce quickly gave her a hand with the bags.  he then began to look through them.   When he saw the silver bullets, he'd pulse and looked at Lisette.   

"I know what you're thinking, but you're wrong.  I bought them just in case they're other like you that ain't friendly," she explained trying to reassure Bruce that the bullets weren't for him.   "I'm not worried. I know you will never use them on me, for I will never give you a reason to." he said with a smile    "Good, I'm glad you believe me.  Now I was thinking, we can put these things around the house.  In case, of an emergency, Theresa or I can get to it fast, you know if needed." she said as she placed the bow and arrow near the window.  Bruce saw where she placed it then he smiled at her,  he thought to himself, "She's pretty smart, that's a very good place for the bow and arrow.  

They both set up weapons around the house.   Then she went out to her car and open the trunk.  She took out a sack of garlic.  When Bruce saw her with that heavy bag he ran out to help her.  He took the bag of fifty pounds of garlic with one hand and went into the house.   Lisette looked around making sure no one saw this four- year -old boy carrying such a heavy bag with one hand,