Chapter 24

As I was reading the magazine, Harry must have come into the room.

“Good Morning Sunshine!” He gave a small giggle and walked towards where I was sitting.

I looked up and saw his face change from a happy good morning smile to a shocked look.

“Oh Shit…” He had probably noticed the pictures of me on the magazine now.

“Yeah.” I huffed and threw the magazine on the table, making Louis flinch. I was furious. “What do we do now?”

“Jess, it really isn’t that bad.” Louis said trying to make me calm down.

“Not that bad? This is horrible! Everyone knows now! Everyone! Nothing will ever be the same again!” I partially screamed. I was probably overreacting, but it seemed right at the time.

“Oh come on Jess, you knew this was going to happen sometime. And why is it so bad anyway? It really is no big deal.” Harry sighed and went into the kitchen to get the magazine. It made me even more mad to see him so calm.

“For you maybe, but for me it’s different. I came here for a more peaceful life. This is going to be a nightmare!”  I sat down and covered my face with my hands. “Why me?”

“Come on Jess, it will be fine.” Louis came over and sat down next to me stroking my back. “I mean, have you seen all of the love Liam and my girlfriends have been getting?”

“Have you seen how much hate they get?” I snapped back at him. “And I am different then them. I mean, I am not one of those happy and pretty superstar girlfriends. I won’t fit in. I’ll probably end up ruining your reputation.”

“Reputation?” Harry asked. He was also sitting next to me now. “What do you mean?”

“Awesome and funny?” Louis suggested, trying to lift up the mood.

“No,” I smiled just for a second. “Well, yes, but you guys are a boyband. A goodie goodie English boyband. I am a freak. A dancing American freak.”

“A pretty dancing American freak.” Harry stroked my hair back smiling his beautiful smile. Just the touch of his hand on my cheek made my heart fly. But that didn’t change the situation.

“It just won’t work.” I sighed and stood up, walking towards the door.

“What?” Harry followed me to the door.

“Perfect Mr Styles ending up with just a wrecked back up dancer. No one will accept that!” I grabbed my bag and put my shoes on.

“What are you trying to say?” Harry looked worried. It broke my heart to see this, but it scared me even more that I was feeling this.

“You know what I am trying to say Harry.” I said calmly. I looked down. I couldn’t look at him at the moment.