Chapter 21

My heart dropped. I couldn’t think straight. The words going through my mind as I read this were undescribable. It would probably kinda sound something like this: sjgnoirjgnvalekrgjvabdlighjaberogijndgkhjaeijhfnsdjfvaoiubfgvnidf

What? How? Why? When?

There were pictures of me and Harry together everywhere. However, my face was never shown in any of them. But still, I was a headline for a magazine? What does this mean? What the hell?  

I looked back up around the table to six faces all looking at me worryingly. I could see they all waited for me to say something. Something that would fix this. Something that would help.

I had to say something. Anything. But I just couldn’t. Everything came rushing through making my mind spin.

“Oh…” was all I managed to get out. Luckily this broke the tension.

“Yeah.” Zayn leaned back in his chair. This made everyone else relax a bit more too. 

“Where are those pictures from?” Liam asked. I looked at Harry, I was still in some sort of shock.

“Some are from the aquarium, others are just from walks back home, and those are from the airport.” Harry explained, pointing to the pictures. I looked down. I guess I felt a bit ashamed or something. I wasn’t sure.

“So what are you going to do?” Gina asked. She was worried too. She was probably the closest person to know what was going through my mind.

“I don’t know…” I looked back up. “People are going to freak, aren’t they?”

“Well, at least its only this magazine-“ Niall started but Gina cut him off.

“Actually, this is what everyone is talking about. These pictures are everywhere.” Gina looked a little worried.

I closed my eyes. I just couldn’t believe what I was hearing right now. This would change everything.

“But your face isn’t shown anywhere.” Zayn tried to sound reassuring.

“Yeah,” Louis butted in, “and the back of your head looks gorgeous in these magazines.”

I opened my eyes and smiled sweetly whilst the others gave out a small chuckle. Thank Louis for trying to make the situation more bearable.

“But they are going to find out somehow. The media wont stop once they have found something.” Harry said, now with a straight face again. “I just hadn’t expected them to find out so soon.”

There was a small silence. I guess we were all thinking.

“So, what are you going to do?” Niall asked.

They all looked towards me. They wanted me to solve this. Damn.

“Well, I guess we just try and forget about it. Once they know who I am, we will figure something out. For now, just deny everything, yeah? We are just friends.” I sighed. This was probably the best decision for now. But it was going to get worse. I could see it in Harrys eyes, he knew it too.

 For the rest of the day, I wasn’t concentrating much. I couldn’t concentrate on the dance moves either. My mind was somewhere else.

You know the feeling you get when you know something bad is going to happen and you are not prepared at all? I was having that feeling but a billion times worse. This isn’t just a small presentation in front of your class where you forgot the words, or a science project due in a few days and you haven’t done anything for it yet. This is more a you are going to be on magazines for the whole world to see and most probably half the female population will hate you moment. Many girls would probably kill to be on a magazine or becoming famous because they know some famous person, but I wouldn’t. I would much rather try and stay low, being a person who doesn’t care what others think and just minding my own damn business. But this would change that, and there was nothing I could do against it. Absolutely nothing.

I finally got home after this exhausting day. I pretty much collapsed on my bed. I didn’t move. I didn’t speak. I didn’t reply to any of my text messages. I just laid there, thinking about any possible way to get out of this situation.

I wanted to hide from the world at the moment.

I just wanted to disappear.