Chapter 7

I stood up. Bad idea. I fell right back down on the bed. Eugh. My head. I tried it again. Slowly. I grabbed one of the t-shirts that were on the floor. Luckily, I was pretty small, so it reached over my butt. It was blue with the word WILLS written on it. Who was Wills?

I stumbled my way out of the room. Slowly but surely I was getting my balance back. The apartment was a mess. Louis and Harry were sitting on the floor in front of the couch surrounded by blankets and pillows, holding on to a cup of tea like it was their life. They looked up and smiled when they saw me.

“Good morning sunshine.” Louis said sarcastically. I hope I didn’t look as bad as I felt. “Would you like some Tea or Coffee?”

“Coffee.” I croaked, sat down on the floor next to Harry and covered myself in one of the blankets. “What happened last night?”

“Nothing really. You just had a little too much to drink. We played a little strip poker. You really suck at poker by the way. Then you fell asleep.” He giggled. I gave him a sarcastic smirk back and Louis brought me my Coffee. I thanked him and started taking small sips.

“So nothing… happened?” He knew what I was talking about.

“Nope. Not that I recall.” He said reassuringly. I made a sigh of relief. Thank god.

“Is anyone else here?” I looked around.

“Nope, just us. Everyone else left after the poker. You were the only one who stayed the night.” Louis told me.

“Sorry.” I felt bad. I didn’t want to be a burden. Harry laughed.

“Its fine. We were planning for people to stay anyway, but they couldn’t. We wanted to get to know everyone in the morning.” He was hinting at that. I understood.

“Go ahead. What do you want to know.” I didn’t care. I was too tired to come up with an excuse not to say anything.

It started with a couple of harmless questions, like “What is you’re favorite colour?” or “Do you like cats?” or “If you could be in any place in the world right now, where would you be?” but over time they became more serious.

“So tell us about your life. Like, how did you end up here?” Harry seemed very interested. I put down my coffee mug and explained my whole life’s story. My moms death, my dads absence, my rebellious partying and my snap back into reality. They listened very carefully and with respect. I liked that.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn't hav-“ Harry probably felt bad about me having to explain everything again, but I cut him off.

“It’s fine. It was a long time ago. Forget about it.” That made him feel a little better. I hope. “Anything else you wanted to know?”

“So you’ve always wanted to become a dancer then?” Louis asked. This answer was easy.

“Yup. Always. I just got lost, which I tend to do often.” I smiled. They did too.

“So, you’re not the standard normal innocent girl like all the others then. Like, I mean, you have done… it. Right?” I knew exactly what Harry met. And yes. I have. Probably too many to count. I was a little ashamed about that and I didn’t want to act like I was bragging about it so I just looked down, played with my mug and gave a small grin. He got the message. “Okay.” He said. I don’t know if he was pleased or disappointed with my answer, but I couldn’t change it.

Now it was Louis turn. “So when was the last time you cried?” This one was easy as well.

When my mom passed away, I felt like I was stuck in a black hole. In nothing. I locked myself in my room for days, only coming out a couple of times to get something to drink or a small snack. I was just crying. I think all that crying had made me go a little numb deep down, because ever since then, I haven’t cried.

“I don’t cry. Not anymore.” I was kinda proud of my answer. It made me feel stronger than I was. I returned to sipping my coffee.

Then I heard my ringtone. I quickly jumped up and tried to find my phone in the apartment mess. Louis and Harry helped. I finally found my bag in the kitchen.

It was my dad.