Chapter 18

For the next couple of days nothing exciting happened. I mostly stayed in my apartment, cleaning, washing, dancing, the usual. I was excited to go back to work. I still knew all of the steps, which I was sure all of the snobby rich girls had forgotten, but whatever. They wont learn.

The moment they saw me hanging with the boys, they decided to hate me. They were probably just jealous because they were all fans and I was also a better dancer. But that didn’t bother me. I wasn’t really looking for friends but the boys are an exception. I came here to dance and that was what I was going to do.

Finally the moment came when my alarm went off on Monday morning. I think I might have jumped out of bed, which usually never happens. I quickly just threw some big old comfy clothes on, got ready and was right out the door.

It was snowing so I couldn’t use my skateboard, but walking was fine. I liked just breathing in the cold fresh air. I also stopped by a grocery market to get an apple and a coffee for breakfast.

I was about 5 minutes away from the studio as my phone beeped. I looked to have received a text from Harry. I hadn’t really heard from him these past days, but he was very busy.

Hey Babes See you today at lunch yeah? ;D Have fun dancing xx

I replied quickly whilst balancing my apple, coffee and phone.

Heey <3 Sounds good, ill see you then :) I always do xx

I finally reached the studio, entered and showed my ID card to the woman at the front desk.

“Oh, a dancer.” She said. I simply nodded. “Today, you are rehearsing on the big stage, so don’t go to your normal rehearsing room.” She continued working on her computer. 

“Oh, alright.” I was about to walk off but, “Where is the big stage again?” I had been here for about half a year, but I did not know my way around except for the Lunch room and the dance studio.

“Its right down that corridor to the left, one staircase up, to the right and then the before last door on the right. It says ‘Stage 3’ on it really big.” She smiled. I thanked her and fast walked to the direction she said.

I jogged up the stairs because I was a little late as always. I opened the door that led to the hallway and crashed into someone. Why do I keep bumping into people?

“Ow…” The girl had fallen backwards and was now sitting on the floor rubbing her head.

“Oh, I’m really sorry.” I picked up her bag that had fallen beside her and helped her up. “I was kinda late and I didn’t see you and then before it was too late I opened the door and then..”

“No, its fine.” She smiled and took her bag. I looked at her. She had medium length brown curly hair and a very cute fashion sense. “I’m Georgiana by the way, but just call be Gina.” She held her hand in front of me. Georgina… Gina… I heard that name before.

“I’m Jessi, Jessi Stonem.” I shook her hand and smiled back.

“Oh, are you the girl from America?” She asked looking surprised.

“Yeah…” I was a little confused.

“I’m a friend of Gemma’s, Harry Styles’ sister. I work in the make-up department.” She sounded very proud when she said that.

“Oh, of course!” Now I remembered. Gemma had told me about a friend of hers that would also worked at this studio. She said she would start working after Christmas, and her name was Gina. “Nice to meet you Gina.” I smiled. I might actually get a female friend here at the studio.

“Nice to meet you too.” She let out a small giggle. Then there was a small silence. “Didn’t you say you were late?”

“Oh, yeah right.” Dancing. Right. I quickly picked up my bag and jacket. “Sorry I have to go, but ill see you later at lunch or so, yeah?” I said before quickly walking down the corridor to the dance studio.

“Sounds good!” she yelled after me and let out another small giggle.

I finally found the door that led to stage 3 and quickly went inside. All the dancers were already warming up on the huge stage. I jumped on and was first shocked by the amount of seats that were surrounding us. I just looked around. If this stage was actually full, it could easily fill about 8,000 people. It made me smile. Like a small dream of mine had come true. To stand on a big stage doing what I love to do.

“Nice of you to join us Jessi.” Bella our dance coach yelled from one of the seats. She stood up and walked towards me. “Go! You have 15 minutes to get dressed and warm up, then we are getting started.” She smiled and pointed to a small door that led backstage where I would find the changing room.

“Happy new year to you too Bella!” I said jokingly before I jogged to go get changed. I could hear her laugh at that remark.

Since I was one of the only girls that actually took dancing seriously and I knew all of the dance moves the best, I was one of Bellas favorite dancers. That might be another reason the others hate me. Oh well.

Just as I thought, as we started dancing, the others knew pretty much nothing anymore. It felt like the 3 hours would never end… But finally it was lunch time. The girls had pretty much caught up now, but for me it felt like these hours were wasted on things I already knew.

“Okay girls, after lunch the dance director will come in to see our dance full and complete. So freshen up, and later be ready to do your best. Good work girls!” Bella said, then started gathering her stuff to go have some food.

I didn’t really bother to change, I just changed the top I was waering and put my hair down. I was too excited to see Harry and the boys again, and maybe even Gina. She seemed really nice, shy and cute. Almost the exact opposite of the type of friends I had back in America, but I had changed too, so I guess I would get used to it.

I came into the cafeteria very fast. We got let out a little early so barely anyone was here, only a couple of people that I didn’t know. At the end of the room, I saw the table where we usually sat at, but nobody was there yet. I was about to go stand in line to get something small, when two hands grabbed me from the back and lifted me over a shoulder.