Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The first night that Reanna stayed out way too late - or rather, early - her sisters didn't bring it up. It wasn't like they hadn't done the same thing at least once before because they wanted to stay at the Blessed Pot for far too long. Admittedly not until dawn, but still they had done it too. The circumstances were only unusual because it was Reanna doing it this time. So, since she didn't seem to want to bring it up on her own, they didn't question her about it.

The second night it happened - and Reanna didn't return until well past midnight - they became concerned. The third night, they became nosy.

So on the dawning of the fourth day, when Reanna was yawning as Nat buttoned up the little pearl buttons going down her back, they all shared a look. They were in agreement, from talking it over last night, that if she went out again, they were following.

Reanna acted normally though. Aside from the excessive yawning, she didn't behave as though anything were out of place.

"I'm doing my first fitting today, aren't I?" She asked Larissa calmly as she laced up her boots.

"First thing on your list," Larissa smiled, adjusting her own skirt. "The dress isn't really completed, so don't judge it just yet. I only want to make sure that it fits right now. This dress is too important to not fit correctly."

"I have faith in your abilities," Reanna smiled. "What else am I doing today?"

"You have to approve a menu," Nat said, thinking to her list. "You also have to pick a song list for the band at the wedding feast. I've contacted my favorite ensemble and they've sent me a list of songs they can play. They're also willing to learn new ones if you've any preference."

"And you need to choose a design for our dresses," Larissa added. "You can do that while we're getting you fitted."

Reanna frowned, standing from her bed. "Isn't choosing designs your job?"

"Don't you want to have any say in your wedding?" Larissa asked, laughing as she walked over and wound her arm through Reanna's. "I've sketched a few quick, basic designs for you to choose from. I'm sure you'll love them."

"I'll meet up with you when we're done, Nat," Reanna smiled at her. "Andy, you're sure you're feeling better?"

"I'm fine," she insisted, laughing at her. "Just a quick illness. They never last long."

"Oh, and I want to talk to you later," Reanna beamed at her. "I'll find you when I'm done speaking with Nat."

"All right," Andromeda waved her goodbye as the door shut behind her and Larissa. When it closed, she looked over to Nat. "We follow her tonight."

"Tonight," Nat nodded in agreement.

◊◊◊◊◊

Reanna had a very full day planned. It only began with her dress fitting. Larissa told her that the gown wasn't finished, but she had understated herself greatly. The only part that was done was the inner silk that would rest under the gown itself. Not that Larissa's army of constantly rotating seamstresses wasn't hard at work.

"It's very...white," Reanna said at last, looking down at the silk shift. It had no sleeves and was only being held in place by the curve of her breasts. Larissa promised that, when the outer layer was fit over it, it would be able to be tightened.

The skirt was long, sliding all the way down and ending with dreamy lace around her ankles. It trailed behind her by a few paces, but near the front was lifted up just slightly so that her toes were visible even standing still.