12. "I don't remember saying that you could kiss me whenever you want."

HARLOW

"You've got 5 minutes. Find the hostage and save her."

"Got it." I held up my gun.

A dummy popped up at the stairs. Bang. In the chest.

I went up. Plastic bullets started shooting from a dummy. I took cover behind a wall and when the bullets stopped, I fired. Bang. In the head.

I went down the hallway into the room. I shot four dummies, in the chest.

Then I saw the hostage. Surrounded by five dummies, two of them in front of her are armed children holding the gun to her head? What the hell? I could only see her head.

"You a decision to make. Shoot the two children to save the hostage, or spare the children and kill the hostage. If you kill the hostage, those children can have a future and such. If you kill the two children, you are only saving one life. You have five seconds."

I shot the kids. Good thing they're fake.

"Why did you do that?"

"I have one mission. That's to save the hostage." I ran a hand through my hair.

"Good. Next test. Outside the house is a bomb. Go to it."

These guys are crazy. "Better not be a real bomb." I muttered, heading out of the house.

There was a piece of metal, wrapped in red, blue and green wires. They call that a bomb?

In the middle, was a timer. Ten seconds.

"If you choose to attempt to diffuse it, you're risking all the lives around you. But you have a better chance of getting it right with all the right supplies your teammate has. If you choose to take the bomb somewhere harmless, you are risking your own life. Make a decision. You have ten seconds."

I picked up the bomb and ran to a field. The beeping got louder and faster until...

It blew up. A cloud of revolting smoke rose from the device. "Are you kidding me?! A stink bomb?!" I coughed.

I could hear people in the background laughing in the intercom. "W-why did you do that?" Dominic tried to hold in his laughter.

I rolled my eyes. "Because it's better to save more than one life. Instead of your own."

"Good. Trial three is done. You'll get your results at the end of the day. Retreat."

****

I went back to the estate, smelling like a smoky sewer. I went inside.

"OH MIO DIO! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!" I heard Zach yell.

"Shut up!" I hissed.

He burst out laughing. "Better hope Chris doesn't get a whiff of you! You can kiss that first kiss goodbye!"

Great. He's still on that. "Where is he?"