8. "We can be a couple for a day, can't we?"

HARLOW

"So, my betrothed, where am I sleeping?" I asked, walking with him up the stairs.

"You're not going to let that go, are you?"

"Nope. I can't. It's etched into my brain forever that I'm going to marry a man I've only known for two months. May I remind you that I know nothing about you." I nudged his arm.

"Well let's go out tomorrow. Just the two of us. As a casual couple, so we can know each other better and we can get used to being betrothed. No fanciness of a real date. How's that?"

"Sure," I shrugged. "We can be a couple for a day, can't we?"

"Si, totally."

"Now, where am I sleeping?" I turned to him once we reached the top of the stairs.

"With me, obviously."

I felt the blood rush up to my cheeks. "I know that, but what room?"

He led me into a beautiful bedroom.

N/A- It's 9:24 PM

"Wow." I breathed.

I took off my boots and jumped on the bed. I laid there for five minutes. Just blinking at nothing. I wasn't tired.

"Cristiano?" I sat up. When I looked at him, he was wearing a white tank top and some grey basketball shorts.

"Hm?" He turned around.

"I'm bored."

He chuckled before smirking. "There's a way we can fix that."

I flushed bright red. "I'm going to say no to you if you keep making comments like that."

"Oh dio, I need to step up my game if I'm gonna get rejected before I even propose." He laid down on the bed next to me.

"How can you step up something you don't have?" I laughed. He pulled me down next to him before sitting up to hover over me, with his hands on either side of me, holding himself up.

"Are you saying I have no game?"

"Maybe."

He wiggled his fingers into my stomach and sides, tickling me. I tried to block his attacks but he was too fast. My vision went blurry from the tears forming in my eyes from laughing. A tear fell down my cheek and he stopped.