Planning

Okay. I'm a piece of shit. So I'm working 6-9 hours a day, sometimes the whole day from 6 am to 10 pm. And I'm butt tired. It may be a minimum wage job at Target but holy shit. this job is too much. When I have time, I'm sleeping in or doing things that I never have time to do anymore.

I'm also planning on moving back to California. I hate Clarksville, it's shitty. Nashville would've been better but I also miss my friends a lot. And good news is, I'll be living with my friend with only about 100 bucks a month! Moving back on July 18th ;D

I'm also applying for college so when I get back, that'll be happening. So, all my time will be going to college and work.

Kill me. But hey, I'm not giving up on this. It'll just be slow going, unfortunately.

~~~~~

She's poured over everything. Each thought that came to her mind was bashed.

She was becoming desperate.

For the past few days, as Yuukaji spent more time with the pregnant Uzumaki and the blonde Hokage, she grew fond of them.

Before she knew it, Itachi and her family were being ignored for the eagerness of Kushina who came to visit everyday, always coming back for more as she got a taste of Yuukaji. Minato at her side, obviously being dragged by his lover, was becoming more willing by the second. Loving the time he spent with Kushina's goddaughter.

Every scenario went through Yuukaji's mind, she was even willing to give up her secrets to someone just so they can help her but it was impossible.

She couldn't steady her hand long enough to write out a message. She didn't even know her kanji well enough to write a coherent sentence.

The best she could do was charades.

And here came her opportunity.

Itachi was just walking in the door, slipping off his sandals by the entryway and replacing them with slippers.

"Welcome home, Itachi-kun!" Mikoto leaned out of the kitchen, plate in her hand, currently drying it with a rag.

"Ita!" Itachi twisted his head, eyes staring through the doorway of the sitting room. Perfect view of the baby cage containing Yuukaji and her toys. His once bored eyes shone at the sight of his little sister standing at the edge of the cage, hands gripping the bars of the tall cage door.

Mikoto smiled at the sight of her son heading straight to Yuukaji and went back to drying the dishes.

He immediately deposited his bag on the ground.

Knowing he wasn't tall enough to reach into the gated area to pick her up, he flicked open the gate with practiced ease, and swept up Yuukaji.

"No!" Itachi looked at, puzzled by her sudden refusal. Yuukaji was always willing to cuddle her older brother but right now wasn't the moment for this.

Itachi immediately set her down and knelt down, sitting on his knees, Dark eyes watching her.

Yuukaji crawled into the cage, as fast as she could to get to her character blocks.

She wouldn't walk but the best she can do is waddle for a few seconds. And right now, she needed to hurry things up, crawling was the fastest thing at the moment.

Grabbing a few blocks, she threw them over her shoulder, not worrying about hitting Itachi.

He was aspiring to be a ninja, it would be good training.

She glanced behind her shoulder, irritated that her older brother wasn't helping her, even though it was obvious what she was doing.

Huffing, Yuukaji scooped up the last of the blocks and stood up, she turned on her heel and carefully shuffled back to just outside the cage, where Itachi sat, patiently watching her.

What she wasn't planning for was her foot to collide with a block and her to go tumbling.

Luckily, arms reached out, already steadying her.

Yuukaji looked up into Itachi's face, close to her own, unblinking.

She couldn't pronounce a thank you well enough to sound accurate so what she wound up doing was letting her hand slap against her brother's cheek with a smile and a butchered version of his name.

She wasn't sure if he understood why she did that but he still smiled at her babyness.

Struggling out of his lap, she rolled onto the floor. Yuukaji stared at the blocks, unsure on how to approach this.

Now that she was here, she just realised this was impossible.

She reached for the "man" character block and stared at it.

Why did she think she could do this?

She held it up to Itachi.

He went to reach for it but she pulled back and shook her head.

"No! Mmmn!" She thrust her hand out again, as if it was the answer to everything.

Itachi fidgeted, mouth crooking downward. He wasn't sure what to think. His baby sister was trying to play with him but in a very confusing way.

His eyes switched from the block to her eyes for a few seconds, trying to understand the game, before settling on Yuukaji.

She willed for him to understand but knew it was inevitable. If only he could read minds.

There's just no way, she was only a baby. She was worthless to everyone like this.

She sighed and lowered her arm. Her eyes fell from Itachi to the wooden block in her hand, her thumbs traced the curves of the character.

Yuukaji could feel her eyes burning with unshed tears. She didn't dare blink, lest the tears escape.

She lifted her head up.

Yuukaji smiled and placed it on his lap, "Otoko!"

Itachi gave her a confused smile but his eyes grew wide with panic as Yuukaji's lips quivered.

He reached out to Yuukaji, who was already falling into his arms.

Whimpers escaped her before they turned into gut wrenching sobs.

Garbles came out of her as she quickly formed words, pleading for him to understand.

"Yuukaji-chan!"

Mikoto's voice rang out into the living room as she scurried from the kitchen, hands soapy.

The voice of her mother surrounded her, but Yuukaji couldn't take the time to translate what she said.

No matter how hard she tried to stop the tears, they just kept coming with an intensity. Feeling her brother's arms around her made it worse as she clutched onto him, ignoring her fidgeting mother who hovered next to them.

~~~~~

I meant to post this a few weeks ago but I wasn't in the mood to write anything and was basically forcing myself to type it out and I didn't want to send out a sub par chapter.

I got back into the rhythm of being creative by watching anime, drawing, and writing again so it's all good now!

Is it just me but it's really hard to highlight the words and bring up the bold and italics menu. I have to highlight like 7 words at a time and really quickly too to bring it up. It's not great and really irritating.