Seven | 20 Weeks

| Maya |
I'm twenty weeks pregnant, I have another ultrasound. Hope has school, summer break is over. She's kind of bummed that she can't come to see her sibling this time.

I get up and put Hope in the bathtub. Hope was sitting in the tub literally asleep.

"Hope, wake up" I shake her

She tiredly opens her eyes and whines

"No, nuh - uh" I scold her

She stops whining and stands up. She sleepily bathes herself and I walk out finding her outfit for her to wear.

-
Lucas had honked the horn the minute Hope finished her breakfast, and as if on cue.

I lock the door and take Hope's hand. Hope buckles herself in her carseat.

"Goodmorning" I say buckling my seatbelt, then leaning over to kiss Lucas

-
I decide to take Hope to class while Lucas waits in the car.

-
"Um, Hope Friar?" I ask the lady standing at a door

"Hope is right in here.. I'm her teacher  - Mrs. Thompson"

"I'm Maya Friar" I turn my attention to Hope and I kiss her "I promise I'm gonna tell you everything that happens - and guess what? I'll have a picture"

"Yay" Hope smiles and heads to a seat

She then turns around and hugs me, "I love you mommy"

"I love you too" I let go and kiss her forehead

-
Me and Lucas were heading to the doctors. I hold Lucas' hand and he smiles at me.

-
"Maya Friar?" I smile and walk towards the door

"Okay - Maya and - daddy. Are you ready to see baby?"

I nod, the gel and seeing the baby.

"Gender?"

"Yes please"

"It seems you are carrying a baby girl, she's still pretty small. Um, Maya to be sure - we're gonna have to induce you at twenty-eight weeks"

"What - why? What's wrong with my baby?"

"It seems as though your baby girl won't grow. She'll have a better chance at survival at twenty-eight weeks. Or it may be best to terminate the pregnancy"

"I'm not killing my baby!" I say getting a bit loud

"Okay - I'm scheduling you to be induced for July 17th"

Lucas helps me up and I tear up

"April 17th, head to the hospital so that we'll run tests on your baby"

-
"I told you it was a girl"

I sniff and smile a little, "Yeah. Xaria Nevaeh Friar"

"That's a beautiful name. Xaria you're gonna be perfect" He places a hand on my stomach

-
Hope hops into the car, "Mommy - did you get a picture?"

"Yes and guess what?" I look at Lucas and he looks into the rear view mirror "It's a baby girl"

"Yay, I'm getting a baby sister!"

"Wait, but - that's not all. Your baby sister is healthy but she's not growing the way you did when you were in my tummy"

Hope looks a little confused

"She's gonna be tiny and she isn't gonna come home when mommy comes home"

"Is she okay?" Hope asks

"She's gonna be okay - tonight we're gonna pray from her"

Author's Note : The baby's name is pronounced (ex - ar - ee - uh)