o n e

A/N
Hey guys! I just wanted to say that I'm a big fan of Camren and that it's my ship. I ship them like really hardcore.. lol. But I hope you enjoy reading the first chapter!

I looked at myself in the really big and probably really expensive mirror to check if my signature red lipstick was still on my lips. Luckily, it was, because I had to perform in a couple of minutes. I was happy with what I looked like, today. I wore a cute yellow top and a blue washed skinny jeans. I was backstage at The X Factor because I was one of the contestants. I was really glad that  I wasn't nervous at the time.
When I was recalling the song text in my head for one last time, a man who only wore black clothes, probably because he works backstage, said that it was time for me to go up stage.

When the sign above my head turned green, I had to make my way towards the stage. That's when my nerves started killing me. It happened out of nowhere and I really thought that I would fuck up my whole performance. "What was I thinking when I applied as contestant for X Factor? I was so dumb!" And that's when I remembered that I wanted to be a big pop star when I get older. You can't be a big pop star if you don't make an effort, so that's probably why. I had to give myself a little pep talk to tell myself that I could do it. But I failed miserably because the nerves only got worse.

I slowly made my way to the big stage where everyone was staring at me.  I think there were over 1000 people in the building. This was a really big step for me, because I usually only perform at school for like, 40 people. And 1000 people is definitely a lot more than 40 people. I tried not to focus on all the people. But when the bright lights shined right in my face, I couldn't even see the people anymore. I was really glad about that.

"What's your name, how old are you and where do you come from?" One of the jury asked. "My name is Lauren Jauregui, I'm 16 years old and I live in Miami." I answered with a big smile on my face. "So Lauren, what are you gonna sing for us?" "If I ain't got you by Alicia Keys." I answered happily.

I started singing the lyrics I was so familiar with. I hadn't expected it, but the lyrics came out of my mouth smoothly. I was so surprised that I started dancing a little. The crowd went wild and I was so happy.  The 2 minutes of singing flew by and I was actually sad that I couldn't sing any more songs.
When the song ended I was waiting anxiously for the responds from the jury. They all had big smiles on their faces so I wasn't really that nervous any more. I have never been happier when they all said "yes". I started jumping around and tears were forming in my eyes. I thanked them all a 100 times and made my way of the stage.

When I was backstage again, something -rather someone- caught my attention. A beautiful girl with neon pants was talking very animatedly with -I think- her mom. I couldn't hear her voice tho. But I could see her, very clearly. And damn, I liked what I saw. She had long, wavy brown hair. Her face was structured by the Gods and her eyes were so beautiful that I never wanted to look into other people's eyes ever again. They were deep brown. It's a common color but hers had something special. They seemed to have this twinkle I really loved. I simply couldn't get enough of her.

I caught myself staring at her. I don't know if it was the neon pants or her beauty, but something just pulled my eyes towards her and I couldn't take them off of her. When the girl turned her head a little towards me to point at a door, she caught me staring. She looked at me, right in the eye. I thought that she would look away as fast as possible, but she didn't. She kept staring until she couldn't anymore because her mother snapped her fingers right in front of the girls face. It looked like if she was in trance because of me. I definitely was in a trance because of her.

When her mother finally stopped talking to her daughter, she turned her head. I think she wanted to see if I was still standing at the same spot. And I was.  When she saw me, she winked at me. I blushed heavily. I thought she was going to talk to me, because she was walking towards me, but she walked right past me and made her way up to the big stage.

That's when I remembered that I just stood in front of the door that lead to the stage, because I was staring at the girl immediately after I got off stage. I was a little disappointed that she didn't talk to me, but this meant that I could hear her sing and that's what I wanted to hear so badly. It's not like she could just talk to me anyway, because she had to go up stage. So I forgave her.

When she started singing, goosebumps were formed on my arms. It was so beautiful. It was different than most voices and that's what I liked about it. The 3 minutes she was on stage flew by and of course she made it to the next show. Just like me. And I was so happy about it.

A/N
Soooo, this is chapter one. I hope you guys liked it! Bye😛