Meeting the guys

I stepped in the tent , lifted up my Sunglasses, and turned to face the guys.

" Gloria, meet Louis ( a tall guy with a tan face). Jose ( a Mexican kid with a shaved head), Ricky ( the tallest guy in the tent with crazy blond hair which went out in every direction and the most amazing blue eyes I had ever seen), and Zero,( a kid with curly brown hair and brown eyes. He was easily the youngest of the group.)

"You wanna know why they call him Zero? Because there's nothing going on in his stupid little head." Pendanski answered himself and ruffled Zero's hair.

I thought that was kind of harsh, but I kept my mouth shut.

" I'll leave you here to get settled." Pendanski walked out of the tent.

X- ray rattled off everyone's nickname . Louis - Barfbag, Jose- Magnet, Ricky- Zigzag,

And zero's name was what they called him.

"Which cot's mine." I asked Barfbag

"You can have this one." He pointed to a to a cot next to Zigzag and Magnets

I tossed my stuff over and sat down on my cot and stared at the tent wall. (I was thinking, it's not weird!)

"So how'd a girl like you get sent here?" Asked Barfbag.

"Jail seemed like a waste of time and energy." I shrugged. "I save my punches for worthy faces......Plus the other camp in the area for girls was full......sad right?"

They shrugged and went back to whatever you were doing. Except for one of them, the one with the insane hair and eyes.....Zigzag.

He sat down at the edge of my cot and turned toward me reluctantly. "So where are you from?" He asked, eyeing me suspiciously.

"Dallas." I answered. "Where are you from?"

"Why?!" He asked quickly.

"Ummm....you asked me first."

"Just making sure."

"O......Kay."

"So how did you get here exactly?" He asked me.

I rested my head on my hands. "That's for me to know and you to wonder." I said, fixing a strand of hair that had called out of my bun. I let my hair down and tied it back on a ponytail. Zigzag looked at me funny.

"What's with the look?" I asked him,

"Ssshhh." He paused and glanced at my neck for a second, then my arm, then my leg. "What happened here?" He asked and pointed to the burn on the back of my leg.

I smirked. "Just being the girl who played with fire."

Suddenly a huge noise blared throughout the camp.

"Aach!" I fell off my cot and hit the ground. "I'm okay!" I lifted my hand up. "Ew, what is with these floors? You guys should really dust around here."

The guys snickered. " Geez girlie it's like you never heard a dinner bell before." Squid laughed.

I rolled my eyes, picked myself up and followed the guys to the mess hall.