[10]

I've updated and deleted a few parts of the story. Just like one, but still. Didn't like how it was going so I'm switching it up. You know, the status quo. Enjoy.

She had a plan; pack up her bags, just light enough to travel, and leave in the middle of the night. It was so last minute that she was sure that not even Alice could have seen it coming. Without telling anyone, she would finally have some peace in her life. 

The plan backfired when her car refused to start. 

"Going somewhere?" A voice sounded out from the backseat.

She jumped, swearing to herself that she was a notch away from a heart attack. Her surprise turned to fear when she realized that someone was in her car.  The fear turned to relief when she spun around and saw that it was Paul.

"Wh-What are you doing here?" She whispered. 

He looked away, lips pursing. "Seems like you're packed up and ready to go somewhere. Hmm?" Slowly turning to face her again, he quirked an eyebrow. 

"I was... um..." She sputtered for an answer before she gave up, shoulders sagging. "I was going to Florida. To live with my mom."

Paul nodded. "Without telling me." She didn't answer; she couldn't. She wasn't sure if he was looking for one. "You were going to leave me."

"I didn't think you wanted me anymore."

He moved so fast. Throwing himself out of the car, he sped to the drivers door and threw it open. Unbuckling the seatbelt for her, he picked her up and moved her to the left. In the same motion, he sat her on the hood and moved between her legs. Both hands moved from her waist to cup her face, forcing her to stare directly into his eyes. 

"I will never not want you. This wasn't over. It will never be over. What you and me have is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I will never lose you." He spoke with such emotion, it made Skylar shake. 

"It was too much here," Skylar defended. "Everything with Bella, and then you. I was only going over there to tell Bella goodbye but then she had the baby, and you looked so mad and betrayed that I thought you hated me-"

He slid his hand over to her mouth, forcing her stop rambling. "I don't want, or need, you to explain yourself, Skylar. I'm with you - forever. If you want to leave doll, then all you have to do is ask, and we're gone."

"You would do that? What about the pack. I mean, Paul, you have your whole life set up here," she tried to argue. 

He shook his head. "My life is you, and our future together. They will be fine without me, but you won't. My first priority is you, Miss Skylar Swan. I love you." He tucked his face into her the junction of her shoulder and neck. 

She took in a shaky breath, nodding. "What's the plan, then. What are we doing?"

He smirked so wide, it stretched across his entire face. "First things first." Reaching into his back pocket, he pulled out the small band, the diamond on top sparkling in the light. It still took her breath away, just as much as when she first saw it. Nodding, Skylar held her left hand out. 

"I wanted to move slow again," he whispered, hand hesitating. "I didn't want to spring this on you right after all the problems we had, but I don't think I can wait any longer. We can start somewhere new, baby."

All she could do was stare. His eyes finally had the gleam back in them, leaving the beautiful brown shining in the light. The bags, while still dark under his eyes, were lighter than the last time she had seen him. Already, he was becoming healthier again.