ı 09 ı House of the Rising Sun

Začít od začátku

Frankly this is the first time Elijah or any of the Originals for that matter will hear of James coming back to life. Unfortunately, a welcoming back party isn't the only reason we're paying our far away friends a visit.

∆ ∆ ∆

I have never been to New Orleans before today, and I must say it's quite beautiful. Rustic buildings line the streets and there are hardly any cars in the area. It's a beautiful city with lots of colourful, dancing and artsy people. It's a city that is much alive, unlike Mystic Falls. I've seen more smiling people in the past two minutes of walking down the street than I have in five years of living in Mystic Falls. I guess here there's much to celebrate.

"Do we know where we're going?" Joel questions, picking up a red apple from a near by farmers stand.

"You gonna pay for that?" I tease him.

He looks at me with wide eyes just as he takes a bite out of the crisp skin. "We're vampires, since when do we pay for anything!" he exclaims, flailing his arms in the air.

I only laugh as I keep a strong hold on Theo's tiny hand, not wanting to loose him in the big crowds that roam the streets. However, for the second I look down at our entwined hands do I loose focus and end up bumping into someone. I collide with them head on, almost sending them backwards before I reach out and take their hand. As I keep them steady do I study the man, realizing it's a man with dark skin, and chocolate brown eyes looking at me rather perplexed.

"I'm so sorry, are you okay?" I ask him in the politest way possible.

"Yes I'm fine," he answers flatly, still staring at me intently as if studying me.

"Are you sure?" I ask, not knowing what's going on.

"Who are you?" he suddenly asks.

James and Joel suddenly stop from up ahead, realizing I'm not with them anymore. Instead I'm stuck talking to this stranger. "I'm just passing through," I say quickly before going to walk forwards, but the man grabs hold of my arm again. 

"Excuse me," I say, trying not to cause a scene.

"Everything alright here sir?" James asks, coming to my side. He takes a hard glance at the man's grip on my arm before taking a protective stance in front of me. Joel appears on my other side, leaning his arm on my shoulder casually as he checks the guy out. Either sexually or investigating- I can't really tell.

"It's unusual for a vampire to just come passing through New Orleans, but a group? Well hell, that's worth looking into," the man sneers, glancing at all of us suspiciously.

"Oh goodie, we've got ourselves a know-it-all," Joel cheers, clapping his hands together in a sarcastic manner. "Think you could share  your wisdom and tell us where the Original Family lives?" Joel questions.

"Now why would I do that?" The man narrows his eyes, a faint smirk appearing on his lips. I'm about one minute from taking things to the next step but it appears Joel is already there. The Branson brother takes the man by the collar of his shirt and forces him up against the nearby brick wall, staring him in the face. At this point none of us care about causing a scene.

"I'm going to ask you again. Where are the Originals?" Joel presses more firmly, compelling the man.

However, the man chuckles a deep laugh, amused at Joel's attempt. "Nice try, but you can't compel me. I'm a witch."

Joel lets out a growl and starts to bare his fangs when suddenly two girls come yelling down the sidewalk. As they grow closer do I realize I know them. They're the same girls that told us about this 'darkness' following us- the two witch sisters.