24. The One With The 'Wild' Arguement

Start from the beginning

"Really? " She stared at me.

"Yes Juniper, really. But tell me, what has that got to do with why the wild assists the camp no more?"

"It hasn't got anything to do with particularly the wild. It has got to do with my husband."

"You mean the Lord of the wild, Grover Underwood? What about him?"

"Yes. Him. You see, Grover was assigned to observe and take care of Percy. They became very good friends eventually. They understood each other, cared for each other, watched each other's backs. Him Percy and grover went on so many quests together. But when he was away on work, the camp kicked Percy out. At first he couldn't believe that Chiron and Annabeth would do that to him. They were the least likely to ones in the whole camp. But it was true. And that got him very angry. That's why he decided to leave camp. I came here and here lives here sometimes, but mostly he's away on work."

"But then why won't the other creatures of the wild help the camp? Isn't it their camp as well?"

"They do. But the creatures care about their lord more. Some respect him while others fear him. Me and him were also offered immortality. Of course we took it. Grover saw Pan, and that's a very big deal to us. Besides, since taking over as Lord of the wild he has done so much to save the wild, no one can argue against him. He didn't force them of course. He just said he was going out and everyone had a choice whether to accompany him or not. Needless to say, everyone agreed."

"This is all my fault. I'll go and fix it right away. Tell me Juniper, where will I find him?"

"Your fault? How do you even come into this whole picture? And why do you want to find him? How can I know you'll not harm him? Besides you still haven't told me how you know my name."

"I'm sorry. I should have done this earlier, but I didn't want to freak you out." I said. Then I pulled off my mask. Before she could form any words though, I interrupted.

"Listen, I know this is a lot to take in, but trust me, I wanna find my G-man right away and tell him how wrong his decision has been. I want to make things right Juniper. This new war isn't exactly going our way. Suffice to say, things are bad, and I need him before things get to where we all just stare doomsday In the face helplessly."

"O..okay P.. Percy. I'll tell you where he is. He's in... "

She didn't exactly give me an address but guided me to some forest, and once I said my goodbyes I teleported to that place. There I saw him discussing something animatedly with a fellow satyr.

"I don't care that you are also in the Council, I don't care if that Lord Chaos himself is in the Council. I'm not helping that wretched camp anymore than I'm abandoning the wild Tus. Enough. Let them die, I don't care." He was saying.
To one of his Council members I presumed. Wow, he really hates them with a passion.

I had my mask on, so I went there. A few nymphs blocked my way though.

"I'm here to see the Lord of the Wild, Grover Underwood."

"Who are you and what is the reason of your visit?" One of the nymphs asked me.

"I'm Commander Stormbringer of The Army of Peace, Assassin Hellfire of the Council's Army, a member of the Primordial Council."

"You're a Primordial?" the other one asked me a bit scared.

I gave a light laugh at that.
"No, but my power exceeds most of them anyway, and I've earned that place when I fulfilled a prophecy. I'm not a Primordial, but I m definitely as powerful as one. As to why I'm here, I'd rather prefer discussing that alone with him."

The first one went to Grover to tell him about me, and Grover said something in return. The guard gave the other guard a thumbs up signal, and I was ushered in with a bow.

"Welcome visiter. While you're a guest here, your needs are our priorities. Let us know if you need something."

"I will, thanks. But now if you don't mind, we'll like to talk in privacy for a while."

He looked at Grover for confirmation, and after scrutinizing me for a few seconds, he gave a nod, and the guard left us alone.

"Commander Stormbringer. Before we begin I'll make one thing very clear. I know why you've come here, but I'm done helping that wretched backstabbing camp. Sorry, but I can't assist you in your war."

"This war is ours as well as it is yours satyr. You think End is going to let you live if you don't assist us? Wrong. He wants destruction, and destruction means the end of everything, including the wild."

"I don't care. He's after that camp, and I'm not fighting any wars for them. Not after what they've done." He grunted.

"You're being naive and immature Satyr. You're a Lord of The wild, perhaps you should act like one. You don't have to fight any war for them. But just think, once end is done with us, he's coming after you. Like it or not, the campers are your last line of defense."

He took some time to consider this. I was right. End was an unforgiving evil minded maniac who'd leave no stone unturned in finishing off everything from the very roots of its existence, including the wild, the mortals, us and the Gods.

"I understand what you mean. But you know an alliance doesn't work well if we don't trust our allies. How do you plan to make that work?"

"I don't. It'll work itself out if the fates wish. For the time being though, I'm asking you for an alliance with us. The Army of Peace and The Council's Army."

"It's one and the same. You, them, the campers. It's the same side. Doesn't matter how you put it in words."

"No it isn't. Look, you can fool yourself all you want. I know why you're doing this. You're doing it for him. I've heard a lot about him at camp Grover. I understand that you care for him an-"

"You don't understand a thing Commander. You had mo right to bring it up here. I allowed you in because I respect Chaos and I've heard a lot about you. But now I'm not having any of it. This conversation's over."
He was walking away, shaking his head. He looked so dejected at the campers, and I couldn't blame him. I'd probably have the same reaction if his friends did this to him. He was and will be truly my best friend. I considered revealing my identity, but if I did that, I knew he'd come along and help for me. But I need to make things right between him and the campers. I realized how wrong I was in blaming them. I'm myself a leader and sometimes I have to take decisions that I don't necessarily like but need to be taken as they are good for the majority. As a Commander, I always have to put the majority's life above any one person's. That day I was the one person. And no matter how betrayed or depressed I felt, I knew they thought they had no choice. If I reveal myself now, grover will always blame them and never understand all this.

Grover was still walking away, and I didn't know what to do. Should I stop him? Should I talk? Or should I reveal myself? What if he becomes angry at me for reveling myself so late and running away and abandoning him. Or worse, what if I don't, and he blames the campers for all I went through and attacks them siding with end. Grover's alliance is gonna be the deciding factor, so should I? Or should I not?

(A/N: PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT. CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS APPRECIATED.)