3. The One With A New Dawn

3 - The One With A New Dawn

PERCY'S POV:

Heavenly.

That's what the place looked like. Chaos's realm. Truly it looked like the Creator's planet. The sheer vastness and beauty of the outskirts made me want to jump within the inner boundaries to experience what was surely paradise. This planet is situated in a different galaxy, called Morfortisez. It is called Celestio, and the citizens here are said to be the purest by nature. This is because the citizens residing in this planet need to have achieved the isles of the best thrice in order to be born here, and you can achieve the isles of best one time only after achieving Elysium three times. So every single citizen here has had at least 9 lives with pure hearts and selfless deeds.

There is an outer wall made of Temporal gold, a pale silvery yellow metal that can be found nowhere else. It can only be created by Lord Chaos and is said to be indestructible. It is so strong not even Lord Chaos can destroy it post its creation. Weapons made of Temporal gold are very rare and given to only the higher officials of the army. The main city is beautifully studded with Zircon, a diamond-like metal found only in Celestio. The security here is pretty strict and a multilayer security system ensures no trespassers. We had to go through multiple security checks and scanners, even with Lord Chaos himself accompanying me. Finally, we entered the army HQ where a man who introduced himself as Broquean - Lord Chaos's PA ushered us to a throne room. And that's precisely the time I was sure this was a dream, but no, this had to be real 'cause I was sure my dream could never conjure up something so breathtakingly beautiful.

The whole room was so ginormous, I was sure the whole planet could be fit in here comfortably. There were so many thrones here in a circle and each one had a different inscription on it written in ancient Greek. Three thrones stood out from the others, a huge one at the place where the head of the table sits and the other two on its either side. These were the grandest of all. However, I observed that the one on the left side had no inscriptions on it. "That's your's Perseus, the one with no inscriptions. There are 37 thrones in all, 34 for the in charges of each galaxy and the two on either side of the central one for the commander and lieutenant of the army. The central one belongs to me, of course. This army is under the supervision of the entire primordial council that runs under my leadership. The members of this council are Aether, Hemera, Erebus, Nyx, Chronos, and Ouranos. Gaea was a member as well but after some differences of opinion regarding earth she had to be relieved of that position. Have a seat while the other galaxy in charges, or GIs as we call them for short report"

"Thank you, sir. After you" I said politely pointing to his throne. He smiled at that gesture "Every moment I spend with you I like my decision to recruit you more and more, Perseus" I flinched.

"It's just Percy if you don't mind sir, and I am honoured you feel that way." I smiled in return, taking my seat after he did. Eventually, all the leaders took their seat after bowing to Lord Chaos. Surprisingly they bowed to me as well, even though I wasn't even formally introduced to them yet. Sensing my confusion at this gesture, Lord Chaos said: "They may not know anything about you but when in my presence you sit on the throne meant for their superior, they assume you are worthy of the position and already as good as selected for the post." I nodded.

"Oh" was all I could say to that. And then another person entered, wearing a regal black cloak. This guy radiated power so high I automatically stood up, but I wasn't the only one. Everyone in the room excluding Lord Chaos stood up and bowed down to him. Presuming him to be the commander, I followed suit and bowed as well. "Commander Omega", they all chorused. Everyone took their seats once the commander sat, and so did I. "Welcome to the meeting GIs, Commander Omega."

"Thank you, my lord, and I presume this meeting is for obviously apparent reasons? You have brought the army their Lieutenant and me my new first in command?"

"You presume correctly Omega. I have judged Perseus Jackson, or Percy as he prefers to be called as, very fitting for the vacant position of our army. Here's his file, see for yourself and let me know your opinion" He said, snapping his fingers, and a file appeared on Omega's laps. Omega glanced quickly through the file and when he looked up, he nodded approvingly and said,

"Your judgment is absolutely perfect, my lord. According to this file, he is worthy enough. So should we start the proceedings?"

"Yes. Let's begin." And with that Omega and Lord Chaos began an incantation in ancient Greek. With the words from the incantation taking effect my throne began to glow. When they were done, the whole room erupted in applause. Another thing I noticed was everyone staring at my throne, the GIs in awe and Omega and Lord Chaos with expressions that said they were expecting this. I looked at my throne and saw that now even my throne had inscriptions in ancient Greek, which translated to words "Loyal", "Brave", "Kind", "Noble", "Selfless" and many other adjectives that completely occupied the throne. The throne was a beautiful sea green, the color of my eyes, with a trident and a Pegasus beautifully engraved on it. "Gorgeous" I breathed. "Now if Percy is done admiring his throne, I officially welcome him as the new partially immortal lieutenant in our ranks and declare this meeting over. Thank you." He said in an ordering voice, but he was smiling at me. I returned the smile. Everyone was congratulating me and walking out, but one particular person stayed back. "Hello sir, my name is Elmont, and I am the GI of Milky Way. I have heard a lot about your nature and skills sir, and I must say its quite an honor to be in your presence".

"Hello Elmont, glad you think that way. But honestly, whatever I did I did without having a choice, and I did it for my loved ones. It's no big feat." I smiled at him "Elmont, there are many things I still don't know. Do you mind giving me small info of everything in this universe? Just the basics, and only if you can afford the time of course."

"It would be my honor, sir", he said, looking visibly delighted at the prospect of sharing time with his senior. "I will also escort you to your quarters later if you have no objection, sir".

"Sure Elmont, as soon as my questions are answered, I would like nothing more than to rest for a while."

And so Elmont gave me a tour, during which we became friends.

By now from what I have learned from Elmont, the universe consists of 34 galaxies. On average, each galaxy has 12-14 planets. However, the milky way galaxy that has earth is the only galaxy with planets fewer than 3 with life. Only Mars and Earth have life, while most other planets of all galaxies have beings residing there, and earth is the only planet that does not know for sure about the existence of Lord Chaos. He's just a myth there. Only the high rulers of earth know.

What are high rulers? Every planet has 5-20 beings much higher in power than the citizens depending on the population. These are the beings that rule over the respective planets, ensuring everything runs smoothly. So the Olympians are high rulers of the earth. Eventually, he told me many things and when finally it was night time, I had most of my questions answered and proceeded to rest for the first time since Lord Chaos found me. It was an eventful day, and if things here are how Elmont described, life is going to be awesome here. Of course, there would be a constant fear of loss of life and a hell lot of responsibilities, but all in all, it would be worth it. And so I slept into a dreamless slumber for the first time in my life, and excited at the prospect of waking up with something positive to look forward to for the first time since Gwen and her revenge plots ruined my life.

(A/ N: Please review, constructive criticism is much appreciated.)