-five

Taehyung laid on his stomach in his bed, too fearful of touching the foreign things protruding out of his back. He was terrified to say the least.

And hearing his parents freak out downstairs wasn't helping either.

"He's only eight!" Taehyung heard Seokjin scream.

"I don't care who you call, I just want to know what's happening to my baby!" Seokjin's voice was cracking with tears and Taehyung couldn't listen anymore.

He slowly sat up from his bed and wiped away a small tear that was cascading down his face. Taehyung needed some kind of comfort but he didn't know where else to get it from besides his parents.

He looked around his dark room, nothing. Nothing in there could make him feel okay right now. When he felt the wings on his back twitch he wanted to scream.

Immediately Taehyung jumped off his bed and ran towards the window of his room. He opened it loudly but quiet enough so his parents wouldn't hear and stepped onto the branch of a tree that was near his window.

Taehyung squeezed his eyes shut as he slowly made his way onto the branch. He was scared of falling, but he moved into the tree and then finally down it. Landing on the ground with a thud.

It was slightly chilly but Taehyung didn't mind, he walked down the street for something that might make him feel better until his eyes landed on the house that his secret 'friend' lived.

"It's really late though." Taehyung mumbled to himself as he stared at the house in the dark.

His thoughts and curiosity got the better of him so he walked to the house. Taehyung cupped his hands around the first window and looked inside, it was a living room.

A couple more feet and a few windows down, Taehyung spotted one that was slightly cracked open.

He looked inside, and there he was, the boy that kept their secret.

Taehyung lifted the boys window before stealthily stepping inside.

He crept across his floor and climbed on top of the smaller boys bed, hovering over, taking a good look at the sleeping boy.

Jungkook stirred lightly in his sleep before opening his eyes. A scream was on its way up his throat but for some reason it didn't come out. He was still, starring into the bright eyes of the boy across the street.

"Why aren't you screaming?" Taehyung questioned as he furrowed his brows.

"I-I don't know." Jungkook quietly said as he turned his head to look at the clock.

Taehyung lifted off of him and sat on the side of the bed as Jungkook sat up, rubbing his eyes lightly.

"My name is Taehyung."

Jungkook looked at the boy a couple more times before letting an unknown little smile play at his lips. He wasn't sure why, but every time he had seen the other, he felt a sort of comfort.

"I'm Jungkook." Taehyung looked at the boy and gave him a toothy smile, watching as the other went stiff again.

"Y-you're a monster, right?" Jungkook kept his eyes on the fanged boy until Taehyung closed his mouth slowly.

"I don't think I'm a monster." Taehyung let his head drop.

"Then why did you creep into my room?" Jungkook looked at the open window, shivering lightly at the cold wind.

"I needed.." Taehyung bit against his lip as he locked eyes with Jungkook again, "I needed a friend."

Jungkook's eyes widened as he looked at the stranger in his bed. Jungkook wasn't very old so he didn't know much about having friends, but he knew it was a nice gesture anyways, or at least that's what his parents had told him.

Taehyung broke the gaze from Jungkook and looked at the floor again. Maybe he was a monster, maybe that's why Jungkook was hesitating. But, why didn't he scream?

"I'll be your friend."

Taehyung smiled to himself as he looked back up at Jungkook, "really?"

Jungkook nodded his head, almost immediately getting knocked back into the bed by the other boy.

"I'm eight by the way." Taehyung said proudly as he pulled away from Jungkook, little giggles coming from both of them.

"That makes you my hyung, I'm only five." Jungkook gave Taehyung a shy smile as he sat up and looked around the room.

"Have you kept your secret?"

Jungkook froze, memories of what happened to the man replayed in his head. The gulp from his throat was loud, he was almost positive Taehyung could hear it.

"Yeah." Jungkook fiddled with his thumbs, "I have."

Taehyung frowned, "we're not monsters. My parents only hurt the bad people so that we can eat."

Jungkook nodded as he noticed the bones sticking out of Taehyung's back since his eyes were better adjusted to the darkness.

"What are these?" Jungkook lightly touched one of Taehyung's wings, resulting in the older jumping off the bed with his back facing away.

"Don't touch them!" Taehyung lightly screamed, "I-I don't know what they are."

Jungkook simply got out of the bed and walked behind Taehyung, looking at the bones forming out of the older's shoulder blades.

"They're wings." Jungkook pointed out, lightly brushing his hand over them, feeling them twitch.

"I like them."

_

Sorry, this is shit. But I had to force myself to update since I have the shittiest writers block. Also my second semester at college started so wish me luck again.