Cori: The Gym

Pop music blasted through Courtney's ears. It wasn't exactly the best to have her volume up this high, but she needed to focus. She had a treadmill running quota, and she intended to exceed it.

She watched the little screen, which displayed a tacky representation of her running. It had a little symbol 'running' around a track, showing where she'd be if she were actually on that track.

A new, annoying song played in her earbuds. Quickly, she changed it.

The gym she went to overlooked a park, which was a nice view. She watches families walk through there as she went through her work out, smiling at how adorable the little kids were. Coming from a big family, she learned to love any family she saw. She'd grown to be a very loving person.

Finally, she had reached her treadmill goal. She slowed the speed, doing a cool-down jog before turning off the machine.

She walked over to the water cooler, and got a cone-shaped cup of water. Downing it quickly, she got more.

She took her earbuds out of her ears, just in time to hear a voice say "Courtney?"

She turned to the left, before realizing the voice was coming from the right.

Standing next to her was one of her best friends from work, Mari.

"Hey, Mari." Courtney said with a smile. "I didn't know you went here."

"I just started here, actually." Mari said. "You had mentioned it before, and I decided to try it out."

"It's a great gym." Courtney said. "I think you'll like it."

Mari smiled. "Do they have any funny, weird classes here?"

"More than you would believe." Courtney said with a chuckle. "They've got a food-shape based yoga class. Don't ask me how they came up with that one."

Mari burst out laughing. "We should totally take that one together."

"Totally." Courtney said, laughing harder than her earlier chuckle. "It's usually on Sundays."

Today was a Saturday.

"So what are you doing next?" Mari asked.

"I was going to do some weight lifting." Courtney said. "You can come do it with me, if you want."

"Sure." Mari said with a smile, before following Courtney to the weights.

They stretch before lifting. As they are, Courtney looks over to Mari, who amazed her with how flexible she is. She knew from being a ballerina that Mari would be flexible, but it was still always amazing to see her flexibility level.

Mari noticed Courtney looking at her, and winked.

Courtney lightly blush, so she did stretches that covered her face.

After they finished with their stretching, they stood up and did a few different weight lifting exercises. They did spotting for each other, and had a lot of fun.

Once they finished, they both headed to the locker room, as they were both done.

"You busy after this?" Mari asked as they were packing their stuff up.

It was a Saturday, and there was no work.

"Nope." Courtney said. "My only plans are... well, I have no other plans today. Maybe grocery shopping."

"Great." Mari exclaimed. "I wanted to invite you to this great smoothie place close to here."

"I'm down." Courtney replied, excited.

Mari texted Courtney the address and the name of the place, and grinned at her.

"I'll see you there." Mari said, still smiling.

They both walked out, both getting in their own cars.

"Do I have feelings for Mari?" Courtney asked herself.

"Do I have feelings for Courtney?" Mari asked herself.

They each left the parking lot, and headed to the smoothie place.

The place was in the next closest shopping area, about 5 minutes away.

Mari had gotten there first, and waited for Courtney to get there before she got out of her car.

"So what do you think you're gonna get?" Mari asks.

"I'm not sure." Courtney replied. "What do you recommend?"

"I had the strawberry one last time I was here." Mari said. "But the mango one is pretty good too."

"What about the mango strawberry one?" Courtney suggests, pointing it out on the menu.

"A combination of the two." Mari said with a grin. "I like the way you think, Miller."

Courtney winks playfully at her, causing them both to blush.

They get to the front of the line, and both get mango strawberry smoothies.

They decide to drink their smoothies on a bench outside, a spot in the shade.

"So these are vegan, right?" Courtney asks.

"Of course!" Mari exclaimed, taking a quick sip of her smoothie. "I wouldn't have recommended going here if it wasn't."

Courtney smiled. "You're too thoughtful."

"You're too cute." Mari blurted out, before turning as her face turned red.

There was a moment of silence between the two before Courtney decided to say something.

"I think you're pretty cute too." Courtney admitted to Mari.

They made eye contact, staring into each other's relieved eyes.

"Wanna come over and play Skyrim?" Mari asked.

"Don't have to ask me twice." Courtney said eagerly, standing up.

"I'll see you in 10." Mari said, rushing to her own car.

Neither expected this would happen, but were happy it did.