Chapter 17: Loss

I walked to Kat's room to make sure she was ok. I knocked and opened the door. I walked in and saw Kat laying on her side. I closed the door as she looked at me then laid her head down again. I went up to the bed and sat next to her.

"Hey you." I greeted her.

"Hi" she said with a monotone voice.

"You feeling a little better?"

"No."

"I'm sorry. He has to show up soon."

"It's been a week, I don't think he's coming back anytime soon."

"Kat... He pr-"

"He's gone, ok? He's not coming back just, get over it. Quit trying to make me feel better."

Kat covered her head with the blanket and quietly sobbed. I got up and left the room. I walked down the stairs running into Jesse.

"Hi. What are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm going down to the main room to speak with the desk lady. What bout you?"

"I just came from a run."

"Oh..."

"Hey, look I'm fine."

I hugged Jesse and continued to walk down the stairs as he went up to our room. I walked to the desk lady as she just finished talking to someone.

"Hey, uh could I speak to a guard in charge? Or like the boss?" I asked her.

"Well we don't have a guard in charge but you can talk to the boss in a couple hours." She told me.

"Yeah but I need to talk to him now please."

"Well, I'm sorry. He's already has other appointments with people."

"Appointments? Forget that I need to see him now!"

"Well I told you, he's busy. You are just going to have to wait! I will set up an appointment for you in two hours."

"Fuck appointments! I'm going to see him!"

I walked away as she told me to stop. I reached the stairs and some guys grabbed me. They dragged me back to the desk as I fought back.

"Now listen here miss! He's busy, and you will wait, even if we have to keep you into that office." She told me as the men held me.

"This is how you treat some one who's pregnant? Nice service, now let me go!" I yelled as other people watched.

"I didn't know you were pregnant. But it doesn't matter, you will wait until he's finished."

"Let me go!"

"Not unless you agree to leave the boss alone until your appointment time."

"I don't care about my appointment time! I need to speak to him now!"

"No, if you do not calm down, you will stay in that office until your ready."

"What is that a fucking time out? Let me go!"

"Will you stay away from the boss?"

"No I need to speak with him."

"Then no."

"Let me go!! Now! This is important!"

"And so are the other appointments."

"Shut up about the stupid appointments! They aren't real appointments! They are just people talking to the man in charge."