Chapter 9: Its Over

"No!!" I screamed as I ran to Kat.

David had shot her. I thought it was bad but she was ok. David only shot her in the shoulder but it was bleeding a lot. She fell to the floor and I was right there. I knelt down as Josh ran up to her in a panic.

"Kat! Kat are you ok?" Josh said as he held her.

"Yeah,I'm fine it just hurts like hell!" Kat said as she held her arm tight.

I look at David as he was against the wall staring at us in terror. He looked like it was a mistake as he dropped the gun. Jesse took off his shirt and put it to Kat's wound. He pressed down on it and she screamed in pain.

"I'm sorry! We will figure out how to get the bullet out soon,ok?" Jesse told her.

Kat nodded and kept the shirt on her wound. Jesse and Josh searched the room for something and then they left. They were searching for something to get the bullet out which would be painful. I looked at David again as he stared at me and Kat. He shook his head and mouthed the words "I'm sorry."

I glared at him and stood up. I ran towards him and kicked him in the stomach. He fell to the floor in pain. I sat him up and kneed his face repeatedly. His face started to leave blood on my pants and Jesse pulled me back.

"Stop it's over! He's over! We will deal with him later!" Jesse yelled at me to get my attention.

I turned around and looked at Jesse. He was perfectly fine,no cuts or bruises or signs of him getting hit. I hugged him tight and we fell to our knees. He stoked my hair and kissed my cheek.

"Are you ok? Did they hurt you?" Jesse asked me.

I shook my head 'no' while we hung tight to each other on the floor. I started to get up with Jesse still holding me. We finally broke apart and everyone ran into the room. Christ, safe, Mackenzie ok but still beat up. I hugged Christa tight and she did the same.

"Are you ok? What happened?" Christa asked me as we let go.

"A story I don't want to tell." I said as we all looked at David.

Josh picked up Kat and took her out of the room. "There's a medical room upstairs,I can get the bullet out there."

We nodded and Christa left with him. David finally started to move but he was in pain. He stood up and leaned against the wall while looking at us. I looked away while Jesse glared at him.

"What happened to him? You?" Mackenzie asked as she stood against the wall as well.

"I guess you could say that." I answered.

"Take Mackenzie somewhere to rest. You can't be up and walking very much." Jesse told us.

I walked out and Mackenzie followed slowly behind. We saw a big room which by my guess was the main room or living room. Mackenzie sat on the couch and eventually laid down. I walked over to the stairs and sat down.

"I'm,sorry." Mackenzie said slowly.

"What?" I asked confused at what she just said.

"I'm sorry for how I've been acting. About Jesse and all. I was really jealous of you two. He's just,really cute and... I've never had a boyfriend. It's the end of the world and...I've been single my whole life. I'm just sorry."

I nodded my head not really knowing what to say. I hated her so much but after that,I didn't hate her as much. I still hated her but,not as that bad. "Ok, I'm sorry too. For you know,getting jealous and beating you up."

She nodded and fell asleep fast. I didn't really mean it. I wasn't sorry for kicking her ass. She needed it. I got up and went up stairs to check on Kat. She was laying in a bed,her should was bandaged and Josh was sitting in a chair by her.