Chapter 6: The New Members

I got up and fixed my pants as Jesse ran out the door. I grabbed a random shirt,put it on an ran after him. Christa an Kat were already down there helping some people inside. They quickly opened the door,closed it the blocked it.

"Put any of your weapons down," David said from behind holding his gun.

They all put there stuff on the desk and put their hands up. David checked their bags and me,Jesse,and Kat checked if thy had anything else on them. They were clean. Just some average survivors.

"What's your names?" Kat asked.

"I'm Lina,I'm 17. That's josh,he's 20, over there is Chris,he's 23,and that's Mckenzie,she's 20." the girl said.

"Thanks for the ages." David said handing them their bags back.

"I'm Vivian,20. That's Jesse,20, he's David,23,and Kat,15." I said.

"Thank you for letting us in. We saw some dead people and need a place to stay. Best choice was here." Lina said.

"Same for us. We found this place at least an hour ago. We cleared out the first floor. One room is too gross to stay in so two of you have to share." I told them.

We all walked up to the first floor and stood in the hall way. "That room, unusable." David said pointing to the closed door. "Chris or josh can sleep in my room. There's two beds."

Chris and David went into their room. Christa went into hers,Lina and Kat shared,Mackenzie shared with Christa and josh went into a separate room. Me and Jesse went back into our room. I sat on the bed slightly out of breath from fear.

"They seem like ok people." Jesse said as he say next to me.

"Yeah...mind of I go check on them?" I asked. I always have to make sure if they are really safe.

"Yeah sure." He said as he laid down still wearing no shirt.

I got up and headed towards the room josh picked. I knocked on the door and went inside. He seemed so much younger than he is.

"Hey there." I said as I leaned on the wall.

"Oh,hey." He said a bit shy.

"You alright?"

"Yeah I'm jut tired and uh,not really a talkative person."

"I can see. I'll let you rest,it's almost night. I just want to warn you,not scare you,but if you or your group does anything stupid to harm my people,I will kill you."

He looked up with not emotion as in he's heard it before. "Ok,that's reasonable."

I nodded and walked out. I went over to Chris and David's room. And saw then talking but they stopped once I walked in.

"Watcha talkin' about?" I asked.

"Our lives before,how we got here, ya know." David answered.

"Cool,not really" I laughed a bit.

"So what about you? Your life." Chris asked.

"Me? Simple life,I went to school, college, got a job. Ya know." I answered.

"No body special in your life?" Chris asked.

"Not since school. It didn't work out, found out he was a total douche," I said.

"Oh... You seem like you could do better than him." Chris said.

"I can. After him I went from girly to me. I hated being girly and decided to change. Now I like it way better because...I don't know. I'm stronger maybe." I told him.