Chapter 7: Tension

I woke up early. Jesse was still sleep and only had pants on. I kissed him on the cheek and left. I went down to the lobby and saw David. I sat at the desk and grabbed some granola bars. I ate them quietly trying not to look at David staring at me. Eventually josh came down.

"Morning guys." Josh said happily.

"Morning, you seem happy today. Why?" I asked.

"I don't know. It just feels like a good day,a really good day. A great day!" Josh said as he grabbed some canned fruit.

"What did you do?" I asked sitting up.

"Nothing...uh. Yeah nothing. Don't worry about it." He said smiling brightly.

I got up and went upstairs desperate to keep far away from David. I went to Kat's room and knocked on the door. I heard her running around and a loud 'thud'.

"Kat you ok in there?" I asked.

"Yeah I just fell! I'm fine!" She said as she opened the door trying to act casual.

"What were you doing running around?" I asked as I sat on her messy bed.

"Umm..what? Nothing just,ugh.." She tried to explain but gave up. "Ok,uh... Me and josh,kind of...you know..."

I jumped up far from the bed. "On there!?"

"Well,yeah..." She said almost laughing at me.

"Eww! You could have told me before I sat on it!" I said wiping nothing off my pants.

Kat started laughing at me. "What's the big dead? You and Jesse are at it every night!"

"Well not every night but still. Eww!"

She laughed at me again. "Yeah! Every night!"

"Well,whatever. That's what josh was so happy about." I said smirking.

"Yeah,it was ok. It wasn't that good but it was ok..."

"It gets better. Shh! I didn't tell you that." I said walking away. "Oh,and where's Lina?"

"She went to go check on everyone. She slept in a different room since,you know."

"Ok then." I said as I walked out.

I then remembered Chris and what happened last night. I ran to find his room and burst threw the door. He had turned. He just grabbed Lina and pulled her down. She screamed as I ran up an pulled her away. Chris scratched her as he let go,he fell out the bed and got up.

"Get back!" I told Lina. She fell back into Kat's arms. The scratch was deep and bleeding.

I had no weapon and I searched the room. I went to grab the lamp when the walker fell on me. He was snapping his teeth and drooling on my face. He was too strong to keep away and my arms where about to give out. Someone came and pulled it off him. I turned and saw it was Kat. He grabbed her leg and tripped her.

I grabbed his arms and pulled them off. He was so close to biting me but it was worth saving Kat. Jesse came in and stabbed the walker in the head. I let go and fell back with fright. Jesse kept stabbing the walker until Christa stopped him. He looked at Christa and then at my frightened face. He kneeled down in front of me and hugged me.

I hugged him back tight,sighing in relief that he was there. Christa and josh started to carry the body out. I still held on the Jesse,my body shaking with fear. He let go and I grabbed onto his shirt. He put his hands on my cheeks and looked me in the eyes.

"It's ok your safe." He told me.

I nodded and slowly got up. He hugged me again and left the room. I wanted to run after him but I saw Kat with Lina. Lina was crying and Kat held her in her arms. I knelt by Lina and Kat looking at Lina's arm.