All my life

Alex's P.O.V.
I have been living here since I could remember my life. For a lot of people, living in a place where everything is yours and having  the whole White Lotus for protection sounds amazing. But it's not as fascinating as it looks like. I was actually born in a big city,near Republic city. As years passed, people made sure not to live in separated Kingdoms, so the earth and the fire kingdom,as well as the airbenders moved to big cities to live all together. That happened about 63 years ago. The only place people still live in is the Water Tribe. Of course, most of those people left,but there are still citizens. My parents are benders.In fact, my mother is a waterbender and my dad is a firebender.. I thought I was a firebender as well. But it was about time 4 members of the White Lotus to come to our house and inform my parents that I was the Avatar. In the beginning,  I was both excited and scared. I found this opportunity amazing,but when I was taken away from home, it was the scariest experience ever. I was only 4 years old. The city I lived in was quite developed. Technology and phones were parts of our lifes. The place I was took in wasn't that far (about half an hour). It was very strange though. I had grown up in a city where we only had to study for school and after that we could go outside, play with our friends and watch movies. I can remember every detail of what i saw that day and as I still live here, I'm sure that I am never going to forget that. There are 6 enormous buildings and 3 yards. The first and biggest building is where we spend most of our time studying and meditating. In front of it, there is the biggest yard where we train. The right building is where we sleep. The left one is where the White Lotus members spend their time protecting us and taking information about the outside world.The ones behind the main building: The first one is where we eat, as all white lotus members ,me included, teachers, trainers and visitors eat. And the last one is where we keep the weapons,the food ,the books. Actually,there are 3 floors. The 3rd one is the library.

Life here seems easy but it's not. There is only one other teenager who trains with me. His name is James. We both are 15 years old. He is an earthbender. It is very rare for someone to be chosed to be trained by the White Lotus. But i know that James wants to travel to where the old Earth Kingdom was and become the greatest Earthbender of his time. We are NOT friends. We just grew up together and he keeps reminding me that I will never be good enough. So,proceeding to my life here. Since they found out I was the Avatar, I have never been able to master any element. I thought I was a failure. Now I am able to bend all 4 of them,but for the teachers here, it will never be enough. I have never left this place. I know the punishment for disobeying. That I know, because 2 days after a I arrived here,I tried to sneak out. My plan was to wake up earlier that day because I thought they would be sleeping. But I was wrong. This place is surrounded by the members 24/7.  I was forbiden from  playing.( I used to play with a doll my mother gave me, they distroyed the dall afterwards and that was the last thing I ever had from my family) . They made me train 7 hours for 5 days and one of them actually hit me. This place has always been  very strict but when they found out that they were going to train me,they became as strict as they could. Oh well,until you get used to it...