Chapter 6

Tony's POV

"N-no s-sir" I stutter "I-it was j-just the T-TV"
"WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT STUTTERING YOU LITTLE SHI.T!?" He bellows, spitting in my face in the process.
"S-sorry s-sir" shi.t. I feel a hard fist collide with my face, knocking me to the floor. I smack my head on the side of my bed and feel the warm blood run down the side of my face. Great. I try to get up but he continues to kick me in the stomach again and again until I am curled up in a ball, coughing up blood. He kicks me in the back and I cry out.
"SHUT THE FU.CK UP! YOU WILL LEARN TO TAKE A BEATING LIKE A MAN!"

He kicks me until he gets bored.
"I'm going to the pub. One of these days I'll beat the gay out of you" he spits before exiting my room. I let a few tears fall freely down my cheeks.

Mike's POV

I try to argue with Tony. I can't just run and hide and leave him here on his own. I don't know the man downstairs but he sure doesn't sound like fun. My suspicions are furthered by the petrified look on poor Tonys face as he whisper-shouts "Now!"

Any hope that I had possibly glimpsed in his warm brown eyes, was now gone and replaced with fear. Oh Tony.

I nod my head and dash into the closet, but not before pressing a comforting kiss to his soft, warm cheek.

In between the doors of the closet, there is a crack from which I can see most of the bedroom. I see Tony smile as he brings his hand up to the place where my lips brushed. I catch myself grinning like an idiot but my moment of bliss is short lived as the door flies open.

A tall man walks in. He is large with strong hairy arms and a beer belly which pokes out under his food-covered tank top. He is probably the most revolting human being I have ever had the displeasure of seeing in my entire life.

"I heard voices" he growls in a low voice that sends shivers down my spine. I back up away from the crack so as to try and avoid being seen. I hear Tony stutter something about it only being the TV. His father bellows about Tony stuttering and I hear a thud.

"S-sorry s-sir" mumbles Tony, his sweet sing-song voice beginning to crack. I hear some more thuds and yelling.

What am I doing? I'm just standing here like an idiot, watching these events unfold as if they were on my TV screen.

I want nothing more than to burst out if the closet and wrap my arms around his skinny frame. I want to kiss him and tell him it'll be okay. I want him in my arms again. I want to pepper his beautiful face in kisses. But running out of the closet would only get Tony in more trouble.

Before I can make up my mind, Tony's father announces that he's going to the pub. I hear the door shut and footsteps go down the stairs. I burst out of the wardrobe and what meets my eyes breaks my heart. Tony, my Tony, is curled up in a little ball, weeping softly.

I drop down next to him and scoop him into my lap. He buries his face in the crook of my neck and begins to cry.
"Oh Tony" I coo "oh Tone why didn't you tell me? shh shh don't cry sweetheart it will all be okay. I'm not going to let him hurt you anymore Tone"

"M-mikey?" Tony sobs. I catch myself smiling again at the pet name he's given me.
"Yeah turtle?" I reply. He chuckles at my nickname for him.
"Do you hate me now?" I feel my heart shatter and tighten my grip on the younger boy, pulling him further into my chest.

"No, Tony, sweetie I could never hate you? Why would you ever think that?"
"I-I'm so w-weak and p-p-pathetic. Why w-wouldn't you h-hate m-me?"
"Tony sweetheart you are the strongest person I have ever met in my life. You are sweet and kind and funny and beautiful-" shit.
Tony looks up at me.
"Beautiful?" He asks
I blush "W-well..i mean..y-yeah Tone...I think y-you're an attractive guy I mean your smile, your eyes you're just..yeah" wow Mike. Great going. I've never been one for thinking on my feet.

Tony's POV

He thinks I'm beautiful? Wow. Stop Tony he's only saying it because he feels bad. Mike is straight and would never like you even if he were gay.

But damn the boy is cute when he blushes.

"Well thanks Tone, you're pretty cute yourself" he says with a wink. Now it's my turn to blush.

Did I really say that out loud?

"Yes you did" Mike smirks

And that too??

"Yup!"

Oh fuck me!

"Whoa Tone we only met Monday!" Mike bursts out laughing as I scurry off his lap, embarrassed.

"Seriously though" he stops laughing
"I can't let you stay here. Not after what I've just seen. No way"
"It's fine Mikey I'm used to it" I mutter, looking down at the floor.
"Fine? Tony it's anything but fine! he beat you! He called you - he called you a-"
"I KNOW WHAT HE CALLED ME ALRIGHT I WAS THERE! STOP PRETENDING YOU KNOW MIKE BECAUSE YOU DON'T YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!" I storm out of my room, instantly regretting my outburst and knowing that Mike would be mad at me.

Mike's POV

I'm not mad at him. Not one bit. On the contrary, I feel my heqrt reach out to  the younger boy. I follow him down the stairs where he is putting on his jacket. I don't know where he is planning to go - this is his house.

"Oh Tony" I breath as a tear rolls down his cheek. I wrap him in my embrace and he instantly wraps his arms around my torso.

After a few moments I pull away. He looks up at me and I intertwine our fingers and pull him upstairs. I lead him to the bed and he sits down. I let go of his hand and grab a duffel bag I notice lying in one corner of the room. I go to his wardrobe and begin packing his bag. I then grab his Star Wars DVDs and pack them too.

Tony finally speaks
"What are you doing?" He is so cute. He sounds like a small child. I walk over to him and sit beside him.
"Argue all you want Tone but there is no way in hell you're staying here another minute. You're coming home with me."
"But what about your parents? They won't want me around. I'll just get in the way"
I put my arm around him and he leans into me.
"They're going to love you Tony. and once we explain the situation, they'll be fine with you staying!"
He looks at me and then slowly nods his head. Beaming, I grab his hand and the bag, leading him down the stairs. He intertwines our fingers and I begin the short journey from his house to mine.

This boy is so fragile, at any moment he could break. I felt so horrible for him. Who could ever abuse such a kind face? Who could ever take pleasure in seeing the warm light leave those soft eyes? Why would someone not try and make him happy whenever they got the chance, just I catch a glimpse of that sweet, contagious smile. Tony Perry, I vow never to let anyone hurt you again.